Chapter 2- Everything New

We have finally moved to our new home in Castielle. It was surprisingly big from the outside.

The casual peach, cream and grey colours on the house with a dark grey door and shutters, the white trim on the ends to the two-car garage, made it very modern and sophisticated. The evenly cut, green grass that looked unusually fake, felt like it still had dew droplets on them that reflected off of the sun's ray beams. The short shrubs and trees to the different variety of flowers on the front lawn to the black mailbox, all made the house appear..........normal.

At this moment I was actually starting to think of my new room, what my new school would be like, all the friends I'll be able to make and how Drake would be happy at his new job

"So, do you like the house?" He said nervously.

"The house is gorgeous from the outside." I looked around admiring its beautification and its intense garden scenery. "Soooo, which room is mine?" I said enthusiastically.

He chuckled. "When you enter the house, you will see the stairs in the middle of the house. You literally cannot miss it. Go upstairs, and it's the room to your right. In the corner."

"Wait. I get a corner room?"

"Yeѕ." He replied.

"I've always wanted to have a corner room."

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know. I guess I always thought of it being bigger than others."

"Then what are you still doing here talking to me. Go, check out the house and your room." He smiled as he gestured towards the door.

I walked up to the dark grey door and turned the chrome silver handle. The inside was spacious. All the rooms that were in my peripheral vision were painted in different, modern colours. There was a living room to the left with recessed lighting in the clean ceiling. It had taken a coat of light grey with white trim on the ends. Next to the living room was the grandest kitchen I have ever seen.

The kitchen was grandiosely huge. It had an aquamarine colour upper cupboards and cream lower cabinets, light marble countertops and in the middle of the room, there was an island with a darker tone to the marble covering the sides with a waterfall effect. There were clean crisp lines with a coat of baby blue and recessed lighting, with a silver chandelier hanging above the island. In addition to that, there were three grey bar stools on the island.

According to Drake, the stairs were in the middle of the house as soon as you walk in. It was a pine-oak floorboard that was floating above each other leading to upstairs. There were six rooms upstairs; two corner rooms, a hallway leading to two other bedrooms and a jack and jill bath that was shared between those two other bedrooms. I led my feet to the right corner room. I stood out there as if I was waiting for it to magically open with a chorus of angels singing to me.