Chapter 26- Chaos

PREVIOUSLY

I feel like myself except...I'm not.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asked.

Honestly, I've never felt better. I feel stronger, more in control, and even...comfortable.

"Jack, I'm sorry about Darci," Jay gave him a solemn look.

~

"Told you I don't want to hurt anyone,"

"Then let's take precautions,"

~

"Every elemental kingdom has a core room."

"It's the core of a kingdom's elemental energy. And since Hephaeta is fire oriented, we have a flame that never dies. It signifies eternal life where the fire blood will never burn out."

~

"Ziyland is crashing!"

"Heart rate 90 and falling"

"Charge to 200 volts!"

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"Clear!"

"No! That's my brother, bring him back!"

I grabbed her violently and shoved her against the wall, holding her above the ground as her feet flailed at the wall.

Caura!

"CAURA! Let her go."

Jay held on to my arm and leaned closer, so only I could hear.

"If you weren't her, I'd burn you to ashes!" He whispered as he forcefully let my arm go, roughly pushing me aback.

NOW

"No, Jay. Wait!"

I tried shouting for him to hear, but I watched from within as he walked away, bumping into my shoulder.

"It's no use Cauraline,"

The darkness spoke as she manifested and restricted herself to the area of the infirmary, in the form of a human outline.

Ever since I got that pendant, it feels like I have control but at the same time, I don't.

It doesn't feel like I am the one in control.

It's almost as if, even with the darkness in me, there's no other person in my mind but...me.

"Aw, still trying to figure out what I am?"

She laughed menacingly, and finally stepped into the light where the sight of her left me stumbling back in horror.

~

I snapped back to the present where the nurse is now sitting in the reception area with Jay kneeling before her with water in his hand.

Disoriented, I looked around the room but everything seemed to have changed.

Instead of being in Ziyland's infirmary room, the white walls seemed to be closing in from every angle until only the door was left with a figure standing by.

"Hey!" I ran towards the figure as fast as I could.

The scenery was unchanging but the doorway was seemingly further and further away until the figure cracked an eerie side smile exposing only its mouth and teeth.