Chapter 18- Left Behind

I turned around and met Ziyland with his eyes lit blue and the last of the icicle, flying out of his hands to lay the wall that protected me from the blast.

"CAURA!"

NOW

Ziyland came forward and Jay pulled me behind them. 

"Stay behind us at all times!" Jay urged. 

Just then, the witch punched through the wall like it was nothing, and focused her sight on ZIyland, whom she yanked by his throat. 

She glared at him as he manoeuvred his way out of the hold and they began a magic versus water fight. 

While Jay was trying to get me away from the fight, Ethan appeared and snarled right at me disregarding Jay.

"Remember when I told you I'll never stop wanting you? It may have been a bit misleading," he laughed. 

Jay laid a protective hand over me stopping my body from lounging towards him. 

"I meant to say I'll never stop wanting you dead."

Right then and there, a bright burst of flame took Ethan back first into a light pole leaving him smoking as black ashes rose into the air.

Jay uttered, "Not on my watch you muppet-looking asshole," right before being speared and starting a fistfight with Ethan. 

I stood there not knowing what to do or who to help, as everyone was busy dealing with a threat. 

But before I could come to a decision, my core was rocked and my head followed my body backwards as it flew hitting the wind. 

I shattered the glass window of the cafe, crash-landing on some tables and chairs. 

That just came out of nowhere!

The shards slashed into my back and sides, stinging like the stubborn attachment of a mosquito's beak. 

I propped myself up onto my elbows only to wince in pain and notice Ziyland staring back at me, clearly concerned. 

Despite that, a ball of green fury hurled towards me. 

With my life flashing before my eyes, I sat there glued in fear when a figure appeared in front, taking the full extent of the blast. 

ARGH!

He groaned in pain but still managed to ask me, "Are you okay?"

Are you nuts? We're both not okay!

"I should be asking you," I replied. 

He shook his head in response but still fell to one knee when he tried to stand up.

I fought against the pain of my own to go to his aid but he beat me to it and wrapped his arm around my waist to support me. 

"Ow, ow, ow," in a single breathe I exhaled and he adjusted himself to support me better. 

I struggled to find Ziyland with my vision becoming more and more blurred but his voice found us. 

"Go! Jay get her out of here!" He shouted. 

I slung my arm around his neck as he complied with Ziyland's request and purely took in his appearance while he began guiding me through the glass rubble. 

In the nightlight, his burnt orange hair appeared as a wood colour with it all fluffed out, bangs and all. 

Under my fingers were the moles that felt like a star on his collarbone.