Chapter 13- Lor'El

"Cauraline?"

"I think you've mistaken me for someone else,"

"I'm your brother."

He's got a rather special, protective, brotherly aura about him. He has my eyes, the same stunning navy and midnight black locks that caressed his forehead. The light from the chandelier showed off his mature features which were reflected by his cosy turtleneck attire.

But I shouldn't let my guard down. No matter how much I wanted to believe it was true, I wasn't going to get hurt again.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are,"

"I'm your brother"

"Stop saying that!"

"Caura-"

"Dude stop! Please. Just give me some time." 

Of all the shocking news I've been told, this one has to be overkill. 

"A bunch of things are happening and it's honestly a bit overwhelming."

Sawyer, reading the atmosphere, made his exit to the nearest table and resumed reading his novel.

Jay, sensing the friction between him and me, offered mediation.

"Hey, bud why don't you just give her some space right now. She seems like she's been through a lot." He intervened.

"God knows I've added to her stress." He mumbled under his breath.

He guided his friend a good distance away before the guy pulled his arm away from Jay's grip and came standing in front of me.

"You don't know me, and that's okay, but just let me tell my side," The guy pleaded.

"When you were younger, your mom left you, didn't she?"

Not many knew except those closest to me.

"How'd you know that?"

"When I was younger, my parents took a weekend off from their royal duties and left me at home with assistance, Nebuolle."

A couple of days later, they returned and things progressed back to normal. Later on, Mom announced she was pregnant, with you. 

I was truly ecstatic to meet and care for you. Then you were here and everything was perfect. That was until someone tried to commit treason against you, so our parents were fearful for your safety, especially since you were a baby.

Then Mom left with you and Dad trained me to sharpen my skills. Days turned into weeks, which turned into months, which turned into years.

8 years later, she returned beaten up with a bloody face and bruises all over her body, but you were nowhere in sight.

She claimed she encountered the trio who made her watch them kill you, then tortured her for months, but they spared her life so she could live with the loss of her child. 

This especially hit Dad hard and he was heartbroken considering he loved you just as much as he loved me. The pain took him and since then, he hasn't been able to fully recover or regain his strength.

But for me, I was suspicious considering what Dad told me about the trio; they're merciless witches who only want infinite power. 

I hated myself for thinking Mom did anything to harm you, but even so, I went on with my life, trained in the art of combat and mastered the in's and out's of my powers thinking about you and remaining hopeful that you were out there somewhere. 

So when Jay called and told me you were alive, I ditched everything in a heartbeat and came here, then I saw you.

"I took an oath to myself to be the bigger brother I never got to be, and to protect you through thick and thin, no matter what."

I stood glued to my spot, unable to speak my mind. 

Now it all makes sense. That Nebuolle guy saying he's the protector of Anna, he meant my mother. But how could she just leave me, dispose of me like I meant nothing to her? 

Yet after all the hurt and pain she caused, what bothered me the most was that I still love her.

Fighting back the waterworks and the urge to embrace him, I needed to find out if he was being honest.

"How do I know you're telling the truth, huh?"

He moved his hair from his face, showing off his navy eyes and beauty moles near his right eye as he raised his eyebrow.

"Walk with me?" He warmly asked as he led the way and I followed a few paces behind, cautious if he tried anything and ended up noticing the water droplet tattoo behind his ear close to his neck.

We were standing in front of the kingdom's registry but for the Water Element. 

He moved to the side giving me space to stand closer to read, "See for yourself. "

And sure enough, there it was. 

Ziyland Balor Lor'El- Son of Annalise and Cyprus Lor'El. Descendant of the pure breed Water Element and heir to the throne of Poseedion.

Cauraline Thalia Lor'El- Daughter of Annalise and Cyprus Lor'El. Descendant of the pure breed Water Element and next in line to the throne of Poseedion.

*Poseedion~(puh-see-dee-on)*