Chapter 19- Water Playing With Fire

THEN

"Don't be." he held my face and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes to soak it all in and it was at this moment that I knew.

To get my brother back and shove those bitches back into their hole, I needed to hone my abilities.

And that meant training.

NOW

"Train me."

"What?" Confused, he took a step back. 

"Help me control my abilities and become better,"

"Alright," He folded his arms. 

Just like that?

"I thought you'd be a bit against it?"

"Why would I? Ziy told me to take care of you and that's what I'm gonna do. I stick to my word."

I adjusted the pillows to prop myself up and Jay fluffed a pillow that was on the black chair next to the bed and rested it behind my back. 

I sat there staring at him and his aura.

Why is he being this kind? 

"But get some rest, that way you could-" he stopped midsentence when he caught me staring.

His pupil found and befriended mine as they flickered with a tiny flame deep inside.

They playfully flickered between my eyes before slowly wavering lower to my lips, then stopped. 

At that moment, it was just us two. 

Water and Fire.

Strands of my Water felt an attraction to leave and I know his Fire did the same. 

Although visibly, we can't see it, connectively, we felt it. 

They touched. 

Interlocking their strands, pulling me closer to him and he to me. 

He swallowed nervously, his adam's apple bopping up and down before darting to the monitor which was rapidly beeping. 

"Sorry, I uh," He cleared his throat.

"No, no, its uhm, its fine,"

His eyes flickered from one object to another, "I'm gonna leave you to get some rest,"

"Wait,"

"Why me?" My soft voice spoke. "Why is all of this happening...to me?"

He sighed focusing on me while walking to my bed and held my hands in his. 

"Princess, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, when we train,"

"Please Jay," I pleaded with him. "I need to be aware of what's going on so I'll know how to move; how to operate with these people." 

I pleaded hoping he won't keep me in the dark any longer. 

He brought the chair closer to the bed and sat, still keeping my hands in his. 

"When Ziy and I sent you back, we discussed amongst ourselves about who 'Ethan' really is. But that's when we concluded, he was not who he portrayed himself to be."

Ethan, better known as Igress, was one of the most powerful elements who lived among all the elements. 

That was more than 100 years ago. 

And right when Igress became powerful, the trio, Faith, Hope and Destiny were formed. 

When the trio committed their plan of mass genocide, all the Elements banded together to cast them away to their cage and they've been locked up since.