Chapter 5- Can You Keep A Secret?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

My alarm woke me from my slumber, as I groggily raised myself up from my bed. I squinted as the morning sun shone in my eyes. I rubbed the crust out of my eyes and looked at the time.

I'M LATE!

I sprung up out of my bed, rushed myself into the bathroom, and flew down the stairs, throwing caution to the wind as last time I fell down. I ran into the kitchen, saw an omelet, packed it in my lunch bowl, and ran out the door. 

Only to realize that if I run to school, I would be sweating when I reached. So I did the only thing I had on my mind. I ran back inside and called Drake

"Drake...DRAKE...DRAKE!" I shouted from the door that echoed throughout the house.

"Why are you shouting. I'm right here,"

"Sorry, I didn't see you there. I need a ride to school,"

"Can't you walk?"

"No. I don't have time,"

He rolled his eyes. "Fine, take the keys. Give me a minute."

I caught the keys and ran towards the car. After what seemed like an eternity, Drake finally emerged from the house carrying a briefcase and wearing an ugly ass brown jacket. 

"That is an awful jacket. You should not be caught wearing that on your job,"

He looked at me with an eyebrow browed in fury. "Do I look like I care?"

I was shocked as I sat in my seat and my body stood in statuesque immobility, as my eyes opened wide with disbelief.

"What's with the attitude? All I want is a drop to school. That's all!"

"Do you want one or not because I'm late for work!"

I sat upright and pointed my finger in his face. "You know what? I don't want that drop again with that disgusting attitude. You need to change it or else, it is not going to get you anywhere."

"Cassandra I'm sorry-" He was cut short by the sound of the car door being closed shut.

I went into the garage and scanned the area for my blue bike. I took it out of hiding and rode it to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, I reached school late. I could not even think straight about my class without being drawn back to Drake's outburst. I managed to put it aside as I walked into my homeroom for Mathematics. Hopefully, I'm not too late.

"As always, you substitute x for seven and finish the equation." As Mr. Dople finished his sentence.

"Good Morning." he looked at me through his glasses that were hanging from on his nose.

"Good Morning. Glad you can finally join us, Miss Allen. Please, have a seat."

I kept my eyes down on the floor and quickly scampered towards my seat. While I was taking out my book, out of the corner of my eye, Sarah shot a glance at Aaron who was taken back at the action until he saw me and flashed a smile my way.

~~~~~~~

After class finished, I headed towards my locker to get my Biology book when Sarah spotted and cornered me.

Sarah placed her hand behind my head on the locker. "Listen here, newbie. Before you were even in Aaron's sight, he was mine. And he still is but he doesn't know it just yet. If you try to take Aaron away from me, you will meet my bad side."

"I thought I was looking at it," I smirked. "And if you haven't noticed, Aaron doesn't like you the way you like him." I clapped back and moved forward in her face. "And please don't threaten me ever again in your life."