Situation Gets Revealed

It's been about...I don't know. 5 minutes since I left the conference room party and went off to search for Amelia. Since then, I've made some progress by findin' some hand-full of people who pointed me in her general direction. Right now I found myself at the other end of the second floor recordin'-slash-studio floor.

Walkin' down that hall, I'd actually come across my own studio, which was obviously empty minus the cleanin' lady. Continuin' my small scavenger hunt, I came across a door I hadn't seen before but, knew who it belonged to. I should also mention the door was open.

"Detective...?"

Walkin' in, it was exactly like mine. And just as dark since nobody was inside, which I thought. First entry room was a studio and next room beyond the door was a streamin' one. Except this one was in the old timey victorian era theme complete with a grandfather clock. Now gettin' a better look, the whole room was a bit clocky than I first thought since most walls had at least five different clocks.

However, decor aside, what caught my attention was the snifflin' and whimperin' inside. Steppin' in, I looked around and saw the detective sittin' in the corner while huggin' her knees. Seein' Amelia like this tore a huge hole in my chest since it felt like I was a cause of this. Normally ain't the sappy kind but, then again, that was back when I was still part of the mafia. What am I sayin'!? I still am part of the mafia...!...Right?

"Detective?"

I said outloud as it sorta just slipped out but, it happened nonetheless. Amelia turned her head up and scoffed when she noticed it was me. Wipin' her face, her eyes were a bit puffy and red from all ghe cryin' she's probably been doin' in the last few minutes. Alone too since, I mean, the room's are sound-proofed.

"What do you want..?"

"Just wanted to tell you forgot to congratulate me, yknow?"

I let out a bit of snickerin' as Amelia simply just rolled her eyes and looked away. Okay! Definitely not the right mood for the moment. Clearin' my throat, I walked over to Amelia and placed my back against the wall before slidin' down it. Now sittin' down on my rear, I'd prop one leg up for maximum comfiness as I simply stayed silent.

Soon, that silence turned into a small whistle as I could feel Amelia sort of lean into me a bit. Lookin' at her, she wore a soft red blush on her face as she then began to speak.

"H-How do you do it...? Not regret?"

"Uhm..."

Yikes. That was a fastball question. Strikin' me on the spot, how dare she? Still though...I guess she just wanted to talk. Decidin' to play along, I cleared my throat.

"Who said I didn't?"

Now lookin' at me, she seemed a bit confused as she tilted her head and had a cocked eyebrow. Chucklin' at her expression, I couldn't help but admire her expressions. Sheesh. Talk about sappy?

"I mean...You don't think that stuff bothers me? I guess ya can say it went downhill after Pa left...used his inheritance he left me to buy a 45 to get revenge on the bastard that sent those thugs for him. He didn't even have a chance when he saw me pull out the thing. Had a broad on his lap."

Amelia looked a bit in shock as I looked at her. Chucklin' softly, I raised my hand to her face wiped her cheek away of a dried tear. Which probably surprised the detective since she jumped a bit but, soon leaned into it.

"Then what...?"

"Welp, Don Joseppi recruited me. And the rest is history....! Or so I thought...after that night, I would dream the same dream for the next month and a half. Me in that speakeasy. Gun up. And then me shootin' him in his seat. The first time was the same carbon copy but, each time after? I had a new emotion. Anger. Grief...Shame."