Ain't Ever was Enough

It's been 2 weeks since that fiasco at Don Joseppi's old place. The police got there after reports of gunfire finally came in. When they got there, Amelia and I were both sent to the hospital for medical evaluation. But the walk and ride there was....awkward. Watson had seen the damage I had done and now that I was able to watch it in relative peace? I was taken back a bit. Yet, also oddly proud of myself...

Since then, I was put on break due to my dislocated shoulder joint, bullet wound and numerous bruisin' on my chest and back. And since then, no one minus me and Ame knew what happened that day. We just said we were jumped by a gang. Nonetheless, every one would walk up to my suite in the HoloEN buildin' and take me gifts.

For instance, my favorite sharky had gotten me a shark plushie with a box of salmon milk, which honestly tasted better than it sounded. Ina had gotten me a small, and I am lyin' because that's the way she described it despite it bein' a textbook. Kiara would bring me food regularly from KFP, which was oddly always a tad late and not to mention I had seen "Help wanted" posters outside on the streets when I went for walks. As for Calli? We would sit in my room and would just watch movies, like Shrek or the Godfather. Hell, even Enma would bring me some stuff every now and then like get well cards or chocolates.

Yet, with everyone visitin'? Amelia never showed up. Not to mention, when we saw each other in the halls? She's turn around and speed away or speed past me. Not givin' me the chance to catch up to her or when I called out for her, she'd say she was busy...

It...hurt. Not goin' to lie but, she was also streamin' a lot more than usual. Then again, I won't lie, these streams that exceeded her usual ones were...lower in quality, for lack of better words. They were shorter, felt almost rushed and most of the time was just her talkin' with her viewers. Which was ironic cus' her viewers actually became my own when I wasn't on break. No matter. She's a busy gal.

So, today I was up and about the office since I wanted to get some things done with the staff for when I return, which was a weak from now! Oddly enough, my shoulder and overall everythin' was healin' really fast. So between my doctor and I, we agreed next week I could jump back into work without issue....Hm. Meanin' I was in my studio with my team, gettin' a schedule ready, pickin' topics like what games, what to sing and my favorite....a 3D stream! That's right! I was able to convince the higher up to let me do my own 3D stream by showin' 'em I could record and manage the whole thing with my team.

So that was definitely goin' to be fun! Pickin' out props, makin' 'em and portin' 'em over to the "backstage." My favorite was, can ya guess it......? That's right! A fuckin' Tommy gun! I basically made it from memory and was thoroughly surprised it was really accurate. From lil' details like the grooves on the barrel to the firin' rate bein' pretty close to the real life thing.

To say I was excited about the whole thing was an understatement. Me bein' able to finally embrace my mafioso self along with my new life was goin' to be great!

However, I couldn't help but notice a certain Tako walk by my room so, I ran after her. Springin' out the room, I reeled my arm back and went to slam it next to Ina's head.

"Kabe-!"

"-don!"

....eh? In a split second, I was against the wall and Ina was in front of me. We've made this a bit of a...friendly competition. To kabedon one another in efforts to erase what happened that day when Ina and I were together. Yknow, before the raid on that warehouse? Yeah. But today was hella different since I had the obvious surprise.

"How the hell-?"

Ina then show what looked like the eye of an octopus on the back of her head before it disappeared. She then began to giggle as she let me go.