Old Enemies, New Times

"What the hell are you doing here...?"

Hearin' my oh so favorite detective's voice, I could tell for a fact she wasn't happy to see me. So, I put up a fake gasp and placed my hand over my chest while taking one step back.

"I thought it would be obvious! I Yagoo's newest and favorite experiment, of course! So in other words...."

My cocky grin came back as I stepped forward and held out a hand to her.

"Put 'er there, senpai~"

Oh boy did that set her off right after. In fury, she just began to yell out.

"Like hell you will! Go somewhere else! Not here!"

"Woah! Okay! Amelia! What is wrong with you?"

Enma had stepped in between the two of us so the situation wouldn't escalate any further. Although, Watson had other things to say. In the meantime, I found a comfy lil' spot right next to Calli. To which she, Calli, looked at me and I wiggled my eyebrows at her. Makin' her scoff and look away as Kiara snickered right next to me.

"What is up with me!? What is up with him!? Do you have any idea of what he's done!? He's a cold blooded murder! A thief! He won't hesitate to take any business that comes his way!"

"Yeah! We know! Because he's a literal mafioso from the 20s!"

"Then why aren't you doing anything!? Call the police!"

"Woah! Okay! Trigger word!"

Hearin' cops get brought into this outside of Watson, I took a spot by moving Kiara and Calli to hide behind 'em.

"If cops are involved, I'm out!"

"No! No cops are involved!"

Enma yelled out as she sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Look, we know he's done a lot horrible things. We can tell because he's told us and we've seen it first hand. But compared to Calli or Ina? He is tame!"

How does one think Amelia reacted to that? Well, about as you expect.

"Tame!? How can you downplay it!?"

"Because he isn't an eldritch horror who accidentally makes people insane! It can't be helped! And he isn't the reaper's assistant either! So, compared to them, he's tame!"

"Yeah-! Hol' up. Reaper's assisstant?"

Lookin' up at Calli, she grinned as she twirled her scythe perfectly as she then poked the tip of my nose. Makin' me gulp slightly as I turned away from her.

Amelia stood there dumbfounded, and I would be too! And I am! I thought I was goin' be one a smooth badass but cuttin' board cthulu and killer chest out do me! I can't compete with that! Right after, Amelia scoffed and walked out as Enma sighed and turned to me. Yagoo frowned a lil' but, he smiled softly right after. A fake but, a soft one. A-Chan actually went after Amelia.

"Sorry about that. Had we known you and Amelia had some bad blood, we wouldn't have pushed you so hard to join."

"Pfft. Eh. What's the worst one soggy corn chip goin' to do? Besides! I got three other girls and one shark who I can get along with perfectly!"

Wrappin' my arms behind the four girls, I got a mix of reactions. Calli yelped and growled comically as she tried to push me away with an "Oi!" Kiara straight up hugged my side and giggled while wavin' her head. Ina blushed a lil' but, smiled and Gura put one giant toothy smile.

Seei this, Enma couldn't help but smile as the girls, minus one, pretty much accepted me right away. But, she knew deep down Watson and I were goin' to be a whole different story. Standing upright, she nodded.