Chapter 31

Kennedy

It's been two days, and our baby girl was finally able to be out of the NICU. She was healthy and growing stronger every day. We found out that the twins have a connection. Whenever our little girl cries, her brother, who happens to be in a whole other place in the hospital, also cries at the same time. The only time they stopped crying was when they were together. The doctors figured it would give everyone peace of mind just to keep them in the same place.

Since our baby girl was healthier, they were able to sleep in the same place.

It was near midnight, and I was tired of breastfeeding and all the crying. All I wanted was to sleep, my body had healed completely already from giving birth, but we stayed in the hospital until the doctors cleared the babies to leave.

"Get some sleep; I'll watch them," Jonah said.

"Yes, sir." I took the opportunity and slept.

I was abruptly woken up by the loud cries of one of the babies. Jonah was holding him, trying to get him to stop crying. I knew if he didn't, the other would wake up. Just as I thought it, it happened. Our daughter also started crying. I looked at the time and saw it was one a.m.

"Sorry, my phone went off and woke him up." He said.

"Well, now they're both awake and hungry. Hand him over; I'll feed him while you hold her; it'll calm her down." He handed me our son and grabbed our crying daughter, who went quiet the second he did. I feed our son.

"How did you know me holding her would calm her down?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"You really don't listen to me, do you. I'm an empath; I can feel what they feel. You spend more time holding him than she, and she senses that she wants more attention from you." I said.

"First off, I listen, just not all the time. Also, I don't mean to give our son more attention, it's just she's so tiny, and I'm afraid if I make the wrong move, I could hurt her." He explained.

"Well, don't be; she senses these things." I finished feeding our son, and we switched babies. Our daughter was starving; she was smaller than her brother, so she needed it more. After feeding both of them, we placed them in their little cribs.

"What do you think about the names Boy and Girl for the babies?" I asked jokingly.

"That doesn't sound too bad, it's easy to pronounce, and no one would ever forget their names." He said. I laughed.

"We really need to name them. We leave the hospital soon, and we don't exactly want to bring them home nameless."

"I already gave my name ideas, Jonas and Joelle."He said.

"So both of our kids will be named after you?" I said, shaking my head in amusement.

"Okay fine, Jonas and Kendall. Jo and Ken work perfectly." I laughed again.

"Just leave it to me. I'll let you and everyone know later. I'm going to get some sleep while these two sirens also sleep. You should get home and get some sleep too." I said.

"I want to stay here in case you need help." He said. I gave him a soft kiss.

"I would love that, but the pack hasn't seen you in weeks. I get you a father now, but you are also an Alpha. They need to see you. Besides, Willa will be here in the morning to help me out. Get our pack back in the order they need to know their Alpha is fine. Besides, I think Liam could use a break. I'll see you back here in the afternoon; that's when I'll announce the baby names, okay." I said, giving him another soft kiss. "Say yes, remember I am the stronger one in this relationship; Tribrid overpowers Alpha Hybrid," I said.