Chapter 37

Kennedy

"Oh sweet Kennedy, did you really think we wouldn't be prepared for an attack? You won't be taking this coven from me. Not today! Not ever!" she said.

'Have the wolves taken the women and children away?' I asked Jonah

'They are all safe' he replied. 'Just say the word and we will step in.'

'On my signal okay, make sure everyone's on board. We only get one shot,' I said. We always knew that there would be a moment where our plan could fail, but that's what plan B is for right. Willa screamed as the other witch twisted the knife placed in her back.

"That's your problem, Leah. You're so power-hungry that you don't even see that you have corrupted this coven. Do they know the shady deals you make with vampires? I bet they don't" I said. She pulled the ropes out of anger. I laughed, clearly getting under her skin.

"Should I let it be known? Should I plant the seeds of doubt into the hearts of all these witches you have kept in the dark? I bet that even the most loyal of witches here will doubt why they ever trusted you!"

"You know nothing."She said with a smirk.

"Look at me! I am proof that you're a bad coven leader. My whole life I lived in a lie that you enforced. I'm a freaking Tribrid! All I knew was that I was a normal witch before you took me to that monster and he turned me into this. I was fine not knowing, my life was simple. But now I'm a bloodthirsty witch who turns into a giant wolf." I said.

"I would say that's an upgrade. You were nothing before you turned into that. You were a mediocre witch constantly overusing your power and having constant blackouts. Without the knowledge, you learned here you would be nothing." She said.

"Please, you were happy to have me under your control. You knew how powerful of a weapon I was, I was the perfect leverage for my father. But that didn't work out for you now did it? I see you got her back, but what was the cost of your daughter? How many witches had to die horrible deaths just so you could have her back?" she shifted on her feet. I clearly hit the right nerve.

"I would stop if I were you. I will kill her." The other witch said.

"Kill her, and you will have me to deal with, and trust me, an angry tribrid is not a forgiving one."

"I'm not scared of you."

"Oh no, you're scared of me, the minute I threaten you, your heartbeat skipped and you started to sweat, your breath picking up. All signs of fear, you just want to make yourself seem tough in front of all of these witches, but you're nothing but a coward. Your mother had to save you from the big bad vampire who kept you, prisoner." I said. Again the ropes were pulled hard this time. I was clearly hitting a lot of nerves. They were not cutting into my skin, but I knew she didn't have much force to kill me. She was relying on the silver and moon ash to keep me down and weak.

'Get ready,' I told jonah. It was time to end this. I got up off my knees and grabbed the ropes around my wrist pulling the witches towards me. Out of fear, they let go and ran off. I unwrapped the ropes and threw them down. I grabbed the one Leah had and ripped it out of her hands.

'Go time.' I told Jonah. The wolves came out of hiding surrounding the witches.

"Checkmate," I told her.

"You think these wolves scare me, I am a powerful witch. One spell and you all go down." She said.

"Go ahead, we aren't stopping you," I said. She did her spell, but nothing happened. She looked confused.