Chapter 12

"Willa?" I yelled to her, rushing over quickly. Jonah fell to the floor. "What happened?" I asked.

"That coven happened? They attacked us with fireballs and lightning strikes. They got him good." I looked down at his wounds. He had already gone unconscious.

"Why can't he heal himself?" I asked her.

"I have no idea." She said.

"The protective wards around the sanctuary make it so any supernatural being that isn't a witch is unable to use their abilities once inside. His wolf healing won't work here. He is basically human." Stefan said.

"Can you help him?" I asked. He nodded and came up to us. He told us to take off Jonah's shirt so we had a clear look at his wounds. He placed his hand on Jonah's open wound and slowly healed him.

"He will be alright, his body just needs time to heal."

"Who the hell is he?" Willa asked.

"Don't worry, he's friendly. He won't hurt you." I assured her.

"May I?" he asked her pointing at the cut on her arm. She let him heal her.

"So what are you? Some powerful witch?The big CEO of the Coven?" She asked him, he gave a small laugh.

"If you want to see me as the big CEO of the Coven I won't stop you." He said, helping her up. He levitated Jonah and moved him to the couch. Leah walked in just them.

"Stefan doesn't trust her." She said

"Oh calm down Leah, I don't believe Willa here will hurt me. Will you?" he looked over at Willa

"No promises." She said. He laughed.

"You may take your leave now Leah, get the Coven back in order and tell everyone our new guests are welcome here." She nodded and walked away.

"What is this place?" Willa asked

"This is my home."

"You live in a library. You know that doesn't exactly match you. For a young guy, this seems kinda sketchy." She said to him, I laughed.

"Well if you think one hundred and twenty-six young I will take it."

"Woah Woah Woah, you're telling me you're a hundred and twenty-six years old? Why aren't you old and I don't know dying?" She asked him.

"Because of magic, and knowledge of the world. It's a simple age reversal spell."

"So what if you just hit the reset button when you're almost dead and poof your 26 again." She said.

"Exactly like that, except I'm also immortal so I can't exactly die." He said.

"Of course you are. Why a library? Was a nice big mansion not good enough?"

"If you looked around, you would see that these aren't ordinary books, these books are the rarest grimoire out there. Each one contains spells only a few know about." I could see her interest rising.

"Is there a book about growing wings? I've always wanted to know what having wings felt like." She said. I shook my head at her.

"Maybe there is, but for information like that, you will need to trade something." He said. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Of course there's a catch. So what I'll need to sell my soul to you or something?" She said.

"Well, not all at once." He joked.

"Right, Ken, how about we get out of this place, I'm growing tired of being here, and I don't really like not being able to control my magic here. I can hear the thought of everyone here like an endless cycle and I'm getting a headache." She said to me.

"I can't leave." I said

"Look whatever he promised you, he's just lying, it's what Covens do, they lie to get what they want and screw everyone over."

"You say that from experience. What Coven are you from?" Stefan asked her.

"None of your business." She said. "Let wake Jonah up and get back to the wolves."

"No!" I yelled to her, "I know you don't trust easily, but I trust Stefan. He is helping me understand things about my past that have been blank for years. I am not going anywhere until I figure out what has been locked away in my memories. If you don't want to be here, by all means, leave!"

"They've brainwashed you! You would never talk to me this way. You're not thinking straight. Let's just get back to the Pack and we can undo whatever spell this is." She said. I heard Jonah groan as he woke up, but I didn't pay any attention to it.

"I'm so sick and tired of doing everything you want Willa! You wanted to move to a new city, I followed, you wanted to go to a party, I followed you, you told me to lighten up and live a little as I did and what happened? I got pregnant! Then you had the great idea to follow a trail right to the father of my children before I could even put the idea out of your mind, and what happened when we did that? We got kidnapped by a psycho Wolf who wanted revenge so he tortured us. Then we were brought to a hybrid wolf pack where you thrived and blended in like you always do, and I felt like an outsider! Like I always do.

Have you ever taken the time to ask me how I felt about it all? No, because you were to busy making friends and being who you always are! And you're even decided on me leaving just because you don't want to take the time to listen and understand my decision! If you want to leave, go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but don't expect me to follow behind like a lost puppy who needs your help because I'm done being the follower."

"Don't you stand there and make me out to be the bad guy. You had so many chances to tell me how you felt, but not once did you! Maybe if you weren't so stuck up and introverted all the time you would see how fun life actually is. All I want for you is to live a little and enjoy other people's company, but you won't. I won't stand here and let you make it all seem like my fault." She walked away. Stefan tried to console me, but I just pushed him away and walked off. I might have just pushed away the only person who cared about me.