Chapter 21

Kennedy

I had a plan set to get us out of here, but I needed to know how much magic I could get from the babies without draining them. It was going to take a lot to get us out of here. I needed to open a portal that would get us back to the packhouse, I also would need to make sure we didn't get killed while trying to escape. The first step in it all was getting Julian out of the way. There was no way he was going to let it happen. Plus all of his men would also cause a big problem for us. I needed him to take us down to the room. It was the only place where he didn't have his men. But the only way he would take me down there would be to make me torture my friends. Something told me he wasn't in the torturing mood which was hard to believe.

"Today we are going outside. I need to know how strong and how fast you are. Oh and don't even think about running away. I won't hesitate to snap your neck." He said.

"Sounds so fun."

"Don't worry, no one is allowed to hit you anywhere near the stomach, you are carrying precious cargo there." He said.

"Nice to know your grandchildren mean so much to you."

"Now, come at me with as much strength and speed as you can, and try to knock me down." He said.

"Why? When I know you'll just knock me on my ass anyways."

"That is very true, but i'll give you this. If you manage to cut me with this demon blade, I'll heal one of your friends." He said handing me the blade.

"So all I have to do is cut you?" I asked. He nodded. I lunged at him, he was quick and he moved just in time. I guess now is as good a time as any to use my newfound speed and strength. I put my speed to work and came at him again. He dodged my hand and knocked me down. I got up and tried again. I was closer this time, but he was smarter and faster. I could tell he was enjoying this. I tried again and again getting nowhere. Then it hit me, I was trying to cut him while holding the blade which wasn't working, I needed a new approach. I decided to mess with him just as he does with me. I pretended to lunge at him making him move back, the second he did I threw the blade. Once he stopped, the blade was about to strike him in the chest. Just as it was about to touch him, he grabbed it. My smile faded.

"You almost had me there.It was smart to trick me the way you did, but there is just one thing you should have done which would have aided you."

"And what's that?

"This." He threw the blade at me and I tried to move away, but he was behind me quicker than I knew he could move. He grabbed the blade just as it was about to hit me. "You have to use your abilities to their highest potential. Hold yourself back and you will be killed. Now, let's try this again shall we." He handed the blade back to me. Just as he was walking back to his spot, I threw the knife, but like before, he quickly turned and caught it throwing it on the floor near me. With his words in mind, I did as he said, used my abilities to my advantage. So I threw the knife, and I saw him move to catch it, as he did, I sped up behind him drawing his attention. I quickly knocked him down and caught the knife as it came closer. I pinned him down and thrust the knife at his chest. He held his hands up and caught the knife between his hands. I took the opportunity to pull it out of his hands cutting the both of them.

"Checkmate." I said with a satisfied smile.

"Well done. Now how about we get a bite? For some odd reason I feel faint." He said.

"You said you would heal them. Do that first and I'll think about eating with you." I said.

"I said I would only heal one of them.Also, you don't get to make demands speak to me in that way again and I'll have you strung up like your friends" something inside me snapped when he said that. I lunged at him and knocked him down, I took the blade and tried to stab him, but he grabbed my arms. A weird feeling came over me, like I was becoming stronger. I could feel the magic inside of me growing. I pushed down and I could feel his strength fading. It was like I was taking it from him. Just as I was about to plunge the knife into his chest, his men came and grabbed me. He quickly got up and took the knife away from me.