Chapter 34

Kennedy

I've been home alone with the twins for a week now. The days were fine, Willa was around to make me smile and keep me busy with the twins, but nighttime was hard. It was hard laying there in bed all alone. I've never felt so empty. I put the babies to bed and walked outside the house. I needed some air. I wondered if I should go for a run, I hadn't transformed for a while.

"You should go. I think you could use it." Willa said.

"It's not nice to eavesdrop on someone's private thoughts Willamina," I said.

"Don't call me Willamina, Kennedy Olivia James. And trust me I think it will be good for you. I've got the munchkins. Go, run, clear your mind and let the wolf run wild. Also, I want to see the beautiful wolf again. I kinda miss her, even though she tried to kill me, but that's the past."

I undressed and transformed, it was different being on four legs instead of two. I felt hands rubbing against my fur and turned to Willa.

'Seriously? I'm not a dog.' I spoke in her head.

"I know, but you're so soft, I wasn't expecting it. And warm. Love the snow-white fur. You look so clean. Okay, I'll leave you be. Have a nice run, I'll be with the kids." She said. I shook my head and ran into the woods. It was really nice running through the woods as a wolf. The winds blowing through my fur, the way my paws pounded on the ground, the quiet of the forest calming my nerves. I came up to a stream and drank from it, looking at the reflection of my wolf in the water.

I never expected I would be this. Six months ago I was a normal witch dealing with a coven that wanted my power and now I'm a mother of two who is also a wolf and vampire along with a witch. Who would have thought? I laid by the stream taking in the beautiful scene in front of me. A snap of a twig brought me to full alert. I stood up and looked in the direction it came from. I growled warning the person to not come any closer. A black wolf appeared and walked closer to me, I growled again. It stopped and transformed back into human form. When I saw who it was I turned around and ran in the opposite direction not wanting to talk to him. I heard bones cracking again and could hear him running after me.

Before I could get far enough, he tackled me to the ground. We rolled intertwined until we stopped. I got out from under him and pinned him down. I was a lot stronger.

'Can we talk?' he mind-linked me.

'I don't want to talk to you.' I told him. I got up off of him and transformed back into human form, he did the same. He ran behind some trees and came back with shorts on, handing me a shirt. I put it on.

"Please talk to me." He said.

"Why? So you can tell me you're in love with someone else?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I still had feelings for Jane. It was a mistake."

"Do you know how long it has been since I opened up to someone? I gave myself to you! My heart! I even gave birth to your kids! But I'm still not enough in your heart."

"Please forgive me. I know you hate me right now, but can you forgive me?"

"I don't hate you! I'm just hurt, I just don't understand why someone like Jane who did nothing but breaks your heart is still on your mind. You know how it feels to have your heartbroken, so you should know how I feel." I felt the tears falling down.

"How can I make it up to you? How can I show you that I made a mistake and that I love you?" He asked.

"Come home. Not for me, but for the babies. I could use the help and they miss you. We have many rooms in the house so you can sleep in one of them until we come to terms with us." I said.