Chapter 26

Kennedy

I could feel the confusion coming off of Willa and Jonah as I hugged Xander. I guess neither of them understood how we knew each other.

"Ken, you wanna explain the good looking man you're hugging?" Willa asked.

"Willa, Jonah this is Xander, an old friend," I said.

"I think I know who my brother is," Jonah said.

"Wait, your brother?" I asked. He just nodded.

"You never said you had a brother." I told Xander.

"Of course he didn't. It's not like we really get along anyways,"Jonah said.

"That's your fault." Xander said. I could feel the tension between them. Willa could sense this and helped me out.

"Hey Xander, how about you and I go down to the cafeteria here and grab Kennedy some food. Plus it's a chance for me to learn more about how you two know each other." She didn't give him a chance to answer and grabbed him dragging him out of the room. I turned to Jonah, he was tense and a little angry.

"Why does he make you angry?" I asked him.

"I don't owe you an explanation." He said. He tried to walk out of the room, but I grabbed his shirt, stopping him.

"Don't do that. Don't push me away after everything we have just been through." I said.

"How do you know him? By the looks of it, the two of you were together."He said.

"I met him a few years ago.Willa and I were not getting along and I left. He and I met by accident. He helped me get out of a difficult situation and we stayed together for a few months." I explained.

"So you slept with him?" I rolled my eyes.

"Why does that matter?" he ignored my question and turned to leave again. I used my speed to get in front of him, but didn't think about how my body was still healing and nearly fell. He caught me.

"You should be more careful. Your body is not ready yet." He picked me up and walked me over to the bed. When he went to get up and leave, I pushed him onto the bed and sat on top of him straddling him. He was caught off guard. He looked annoyed but didn't seem to mind.

"What are you doing?"

"Look, Xander and I never slept together. He and I were both in a bad place and the company was great. We formed a great relationship and maybe it might have become more if he hadn't left. But he did and now I'm with you creating a family and he's just part of a past I want to forget." I said.

"You're sure that's all it is?"

"Are you jealous?"

"Don't be stupid I'm not jealous." He said. I could tell he was lying, but it was up to him to tell me his feelings.

"Why do you hate him?" I asked.

"Growing up he and I were treated equally. He was my little brother we actually got along. But as soon as we became teenagers, it changed. He got more attention because he was the one taking over the royal pack. I was older so naturally, I should have gotten the pack, but he was Elias' biological son. He was given the pack. I had no claim to any of it. If Elias really considered me his son, I could have been the one taking over but as you can see, I wasn't. So I started my own pack and I made sure we were just as strong as the royal pack. When I left, he and I had a falling out, and we haven't spoken since." He said.