Chapter 6

We've been here for a couple of days now, and to say we were outsiders was an understatement. Most of this pack was made up of wolves, but I didn't realize how many hybrids actually comprised it all. They were mainly vampire wolf hybrids, by a couple of them were half-witch.

"Earth to Ken. Are you even listening to me?" I turned back to Willa.

"Yes, I was," I said she rolled her eyes.

"Clearly you weren't. You've been really distracted, if you are so interested in the pack why don't you go ask your baby daddy about it?"

"He and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment."

"I think that the two of you should stop acting like children and talk." She stated.

"I don't think so."

"Look, Ken, he was nice enough to let us stay here. Maybe the two could put your differences aside for a moment and talk to each other about those babies."

"Fine, I'll go talk to him, but I can't guarantee a nice conversation."

"That's all I ask." I walked towards Jonah. He was watching his pack train. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Can we talk?" He nodded. We walked as we talked.

"Speak." He said,

"I need to know if you are all in on this whole baby thing. It's been a few days now, and avoiding each other isn't going to solve this problem."

"Look, I won't stand here and tell you that I am happy about this situation we are in. As I said before, I'm not ready for babies, and I don't know if I will be for a while. But I'm not an asshole who will send a pregnant woman into the wild to fend for herself. So you can stay here for as long as you want." I stopped walking.

"So you're basically leaving me with the responsibility of two babies. If you hadn't noticed, I'm a mess, my body is changing to become more wolf-like, my powers are malfunctioning every time I use them, and I can't seem to do a simple spell anymore. These babies are going to be a lot of responsibility, and I don't know the first thing about raising a hybrid child."

"How about you calm down a little?" he said. It made me everything but calm hearing that.

"I don't want to be calm!" I yelled.

"Look I'm not saying it to get on your nerves, your eyes are starting to turn yellow. I happen to have observed first hand what happens when they do. I'm looking out for the safety of everyone here.''I looked around, there were children playing and people all around us. I didn't want to hurt any of them, especially if I flared up again. I took a deep breath.

"I can't take care of these babies myself. Clearly you know a lot about hybrids seeing as this whole place is crawling with them. I don't think I can do it without some help. I don't even know how to control myself. My powers are tied to my emotions and I have no control over them right now, so please I'm asking you to at least help me understand what is going on with me."

"Okay, I'll help you figure things out. But just so you know, this is not me saying that we will be together and be a happy little family." He said I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think I'm in love with you or something? Because trust me I'm not. I'm not expecting a happy family. I'm just asking for some help."

"Okay then, I'll have my people clear out some rooms for you and your friend to be in. We can talk about everything going on with you later." I nodded. He went back to watching the young wolves train. As I walked back to Willa, I noticed her talking to one of Jonah's friends. She seemed a little too comfortable with him. She playfully smacked his shoulder. She was clearly flirting. I walked up to them.