Chapter 29

Kennedy

Who would have thought a couple of days in the hospital recovering would be the thing that brought Jonah and me together. We had both been through so much since these babies were conceived that we never really ever had a chance to get some good sleep and let our bodies rest. It was nice to not worry about who was coming after the babies and who would kidnap us next. I also started to feel at home; I was fighting with myself for so long that I finally just decided to relax and stop worrying about how I'm could get hurt and learn to trust.

My body had finally healed to completion, and I was finally starting to feel my own strength. Of course, I couldn't do much with it until the babies were born. I told Jonah I would kick his ass once the babies were born, and I was going to keep that promise. We were finally discharged and able to see the outside world. Honestly, I was starting to grow tired of being in that hospital.

"My god, fresh air feels so nice," I said; Jonah laughed at me.

"Can you hear it?" He asked me; I was confused as to what he meant.

"Hear what?"

"Focus your hearing, block out everything else, and you'll hear it." I raised an eyebrow to him. "Just try it." I closed my eyes and did as he said, blocked everything out, and listened for what he was talking about. Then sound hit my ears and brought a smile to my face. The babies' heartbeats were combining and forming one loud heartbeat.

"I can honestly say I am terrified to meet them," I said.

"Same here; I mean, I can't believe we're gonna be parents."

"Aww, is the big bad Alpha afraid for whittle babies?" I mocked.

"Haha. There is one thing I'm looking forward to, though." He said. I waited for him to elaborate, he did. My empath abilities kicked in just them, and I knew exactly what he was thinking about. I smacked him.

"Oh no, not until I'm fully ready, after giving birth to no one but two babies. You, sir, are gonna have to wait. Keep your little horny wolf to yourself also." I said.

"Wait, you can read minds too?" He asked

"Oh no, that all Willa; it's a new ability; it's called being an empath; I basically feel what you are feeling. Meaning I feel your horniness, and let's just say it's not a fun time. Also, the closer we get to the packhouse, the more emotions I feel. I can feel the excitement and concern. " I said.

"Wait, so you can feel multiple people's emotions at once?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can. Someone is lying about something, and another is feeling guilty about something. Ow." I said.

"What happened, what hurts?" he asked me.

"It's not me; someone just fell and is crying. I'm guessing it's a kid." I said; just as we approached the packhouse, a little kid ran past us, crying and holding a hurt arm.

"Wow, that is kinda scary. Wait, you can tell when someone is lying?"

"I can feel their need, to tell the truth, but also their hesitation. I honestly just want it all to stop. I hear their feelings in my head, and it's annoying, to say the least."

"You can't shut it off?"

"I don't even know how to turn it on. It honestly has a mind of its own right now until I get a handle on it." I said, "Stop that." I said.

"What?" He asked

"Feeling concerned, just be happy, okay. I can't deal with your concern and try to not feel these other people's feelings. Honestly, out of all the extra abilities I could have gotten, I got being an empath. I would rather grow wings and not be able to use them." I said. He laughed.