| 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄 | 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵-𝘮𝘦-𝘯𝘰𝘵

In Greek mythology, Lethe, known as the river of forgetfulness, is one of the five rivers of the Underworld

In Greek mythology, Lethe, known as the river of forgetfulness, is one of the five rivers of the Underworld. Spirits of the dead were required to drink from it to forget their past existence. Lethe was also the goddess or personification of oblivion, with whom the river is often identified.

»»————««

🖤

d r a c o

My mother had not asked a rhetorical question. She waited patiently for my answer. "I think you should ask yourself what it would make you if you didn't," I said coldly. 

"You speak of love but you barely understand it," my mother rasped. "Perhaps you can tell me, then, my darling Draco. What would that make me if I didn't?"

"A coward," someone else spoke for me.

We turned in surprise. It was Susan, her wand pointed surely at my mother. I thought I had heard wrong, but she spoke again, her voice clear and orotund.

"You got Draco into this mess all those years ago because you haven't the guts to stand up for what's right, not even for your own son. And now, you are willing to murder your daughter-in-law and grandson for a sniveling louse who doesn't give a fuck about you. I say that makes you a coward, Narcissa. What do you think?"

My mother jutted her jaw proudly. "I don't have the power to stop this. And you, girl, are a fool to think if you do. You all are!"

"Expelliarmus!"

My mother deflected the spell easily, and the hall lit up with red and green as they broke into a duel. Narcissa was quick, but Susan was incessant, her wand slashing through the air repeatedly. Her tiny figure never seemed to tire as she threw her arm outward again and again, unstopping. Each step she took forward forced my mother to move one step back.

I was about to intervene when the door burst open. A man stood there. No - a boy. Tall, dark, and monstrous in build. I knew him instantly. My mother had shown me pictures years ago. His face had been in the Daily Prophet for the past weeks. Barnabas Abigor.

Before I could react, Hannah jumped in front of me. "Confringo!" It collided with his Killing curse, one spell causing the other to disappear. He began to rain attacks on us, and the crackling snaps of spells exploded in the air as Hannah rallied him.

"Find Angel," she ordered me, blocking another curse. "Go! Now!"

I forced myself to run. Out the room and up the corridor. I was not thinking, but there was no need to. This used to be my house; its ways were burned into my memory like the stars in Angel's eyes.