| 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐇 | 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘬𝘦

Lilith was a demonic figure in Jewish folklore

Lilith was a demonic figure in Jewish folklore. In Greek mythology, she is also known as a 'Lamia', a child-killing demon who was largely feared for her wickedness. Lamia was described as having a human body from the waist up and a serpentine body from the waist down.

»»————««

🤍

a n g e l

Two years ago, after our wedding, Draco had taken me to Sweden, just as he had promised me. And he complained. A lot.

We had taken a Muggle plane. The first class cabin was too small, and the height made his ears hurt. We landed in Sweden. It was too cold. We trudged across the frozen tundra, trying to get a good spot. The ice was too slippery, he could have fallen and died. 

It absolutely did my bloody head in.

But all that stopped the moment the sky split open. Fantastical ribbons of light danced across the open space in brilliant shades of green and purple. Pinpricks of stars dotted the sky, peeking through their curtains of colour. There was no sound, but the heavens have never sung louder than they did that night.

Draco had grown exceptionally quiet, and I remember stealing a peek at him. His irises were so clear they reflected the celestial display above, emerald and amethyst. His cheeks were ruddy pink with cold, lips parted slightly in wonder.

Aurora, I had thought. She will be a girl, and her name shall be Aurora. And every time I looked at her, I would think of this exact moment under the iridescent sky with Draco.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

The tip of Amora's wand burned the skin on my stomach where it rested, just to the side of my belly button. My baby squirmed within me, as if she knew what was happening outside of her little bubble. Hush, I thought to her. Hush, Aurora. Mummy is trying to think.

"He's right, Angel, darling," said Codrus. "Four lives... for one, singular moment of selfishness? You know you're are smarter than that!"

I looked around the room. Everyone's eyes were on me, peeling my skin apart with their anxiety. Their stares were so loud I could not hear myself think. I needed them to shut up, to stop looking.

But what semblance of control I had over the situation completely disintegrated the moment Hannah decided to attack the unarmed Amora.

"Reducto!"

Erebus jumped between them, meeting it with the Blasting curse. And just like that, we were plunged into chaos once again as spells were fired left, right, and centre.