| 𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀 | 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘧𝘧

Hestia was the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and family. The hearth was essential for warmth and food preparation. She was known to be gentle and peaceful, and Aristotle writes that the crackling of a fire is the sound of the goddess laughing.

»»————««

💛

h a n n a h

I had just finished polishing the last of the beer mugs when Neville called my name from outside. The front door was wide open, and he stood on the street, his back to me. I ignored him, as I usually did. He was always wanting me for the most unimportant things.

Babe, a branch has fallen in the yard.

Babe, this rather angry dwarf's looking for the landlady. Wants to know why we don't serve Pickled Eels anymore.

He called for me once more, louder, his voice tainted with a strange uncertainty. I threw down the towel in a huff and joined him outside. He turned around, his features twisted with an expression of terror. On his outstretched arm, a large raven perched, bigger than any bird we had ever seen.

"Neville..." I breathed, halting myself at the doorway. "What the fuck is that?"

He was shaking so much he could barely speak. "I- I- I think it has s- something for y- you."

Attached to its feet was a leather holder, and rolled up in it, a piece of parchment. It stood very still, balanced carefully and staring at me with its beady black eyes. I held out an arm in caution. "Okay, babe. I'm going to come to you, alright? Don't move a muscle."

As I approached the raven, something about it struck me with a familiarity. I had seen it somewhere before, years ago. It looked like... like...

"Blackbeard?"

It cocked its head at me in response. My mouth fell open as I rushed to it, much to Neville's shock. I pulled the note from its leg and unfurled it.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dear Hannah,

I hope you've been doing well with the Leaky Cauldron.

I know this must come as a bit of a shock, me writing to you. But I really need your help.

Angel's gone. I can't find her anywhere. We had an argument, and I left the house. When I got back, she wasn't there. Codrus has not seen her.

Some of her clothes are missing, and Rutherford said she's gone on holiday. I don't know why, but I have a feeling he's lying. I know for a fact she hasn't run away, and that she isn't with you or Susan, either. Angel would not up and leave like this. I think she might be in danger.

I'm writing to you and Susan now to ask for your help. If you know anything about this at all, I'm begging you to tell me. Help me find her.

Please. She's all I have left in this world.

Draco Malfoy

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"What is it? What's happened?" Whether Neville was trembling from anxiety or the weight of the bird, I could not tell. I folded the note deftly into my pocket.