| 𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐒𝐔𝐒 | 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴

Dionysus is the Greek God of wine, fertility, festivity, and theatre. He is one of the twelve Olympians, and is the son of Zeus and Semele. Performance and art are central to his cult.

»»————««

🤍

a n g e l

The next day, Draco went with me to work as he always did. We Apparated to Central London, and he walked me to the underground public toilets.

"I'll make something special tonight," he said, pecking me on the lips. "Have a good day at work. I'll pick you up after as usual. I love you."

He watched me go as I entered the toilets. Thankfully, there wasn't a queue this time, and I stepped into a grimy toilet bowl and flushed myself down.

The Atrium at the Ministry of Magic was already bustling with workers hurrying about, briefcases in hand. I pushed past them and squeezed into the lift.

"Level four, Beast Division, please," I told the attendant. The doors closed, and with a great woosh, we zig-zagged across the levels.

It opened right as a brunette girl in a fashionable tweed dress was running past. Upon seeing me, she practically shrieked. "Angel! There you are! You're late! And so very dead. She's been looking for you."

"Thanks, Lucy." I cursed under my breath and began to sprint, my bag thwacking against my thighs. Past rows and rows of desks I ran, flying by the personal offices that lined the other side of the wall.

I didn't stop until I came to a huge red door in the deepest part of the floor. It was three times my height, and bold, gold letters read 'Head of Department'. I took two seconds to compose myself, hastily smoothing my hair and skirt before knocking.

"Ah, Miss Dawson! Decided to show up today, did we?" The lady at the desk peered at me over her purple spectacles when I entered. She looked immaculate as always, a large amount of shock-white hair piled atop her head, red lipstick precisely applied.

I cleared my throat, heart pounding. "S- sorry Madam Faulkner, it won't happen again."

"That's the second time you've said that in the past month."

I huffed to myself. It was literally one minute past nine. Who kept count like that, honestly! I shuffled, not quite knowing what to do.

She stood up and patted the different stacks of paper and files on her desk sternly, naming them off. "These need filing... these go to the Spirit Division... Pest Advisory... and these need signing off by the Minister." She paused for a second. "Well, what are you waiting for, dragon eggs to fall from the sky?"

With a start, I jolted forward and began collecting the stacks, feeling Madam Faulkner's eyes burned into my back as I left the room.

The Being Division was on the way to the Spirit Division, and a voice called me from the one of the desks. I turned and saw Hermione hurrying towards me.

"Morning, Hermione!" I said, my arm already beginning to tremble from the weight of the papers.

"How was your weekend?" Hermione chirped. Her fresh face and lively demeanour starkly contrasted my own, I was certain.

"It was great, thanks!" If you count great as not having slept at all due to nightmares and Draco having a manic episode.

I instantly felt heinous for thinking that. It was unfair to Draco. I quickly brushed the thought from my mind.