| 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Persephone was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter

Persephone was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter. Hades fell in love with her and abducted her one day while she was picking flowers. When Zeus demanded her return, he gives her pomegranate seeds to eat. As she has eaten food from the Underworld, she was forced to remain there for three months of the year (during the winter), thus becoming the goddess of Spring and vegetation.

»»————««

🤍

a n g e l

I wanted them to leave. I did miss Hannah, Susan, and Lorcan very much, but they were no longer a part of my new life. They could not be. And Draco... well, I remembered him, and how life was back at home with him. He had been selfish, jealous, and overbearing. Now, he wanted to separate from Codrus.

"Let's just take her," suggested Lorcan to the rest. "Then we can figure out the cure once we get out of here." He took my arms, but I struggled and he pulled back momentarily. Then, again, he tried to grab me. "I don't want to go!" I pleaded, struggling against him. "Leave me along, please!"

But his hands were larger than mine, stronger. They held me down with a force I never knew he possessed. With one swift motion, he picked me up and hoisted me over his shoulder.

I cried and wailed until I thought my lungs would give out. The thought of being separated from Codrus, never to see him again - it was almost too painful to comprehend. I found Draco through my tears, his silent figure watching as Lorcan began to carry me away. A venomous hatred flooded my heart. "I hate you!" I choked out. "I hate you."

"Wait," Draco said suddenly. "Leave her."

"What?"

"I said leave her."

"What's gotten into you, mate? We have to go!" 

"Just fucking leave her!" Draco's command was loud, but there was an imperceptible crack in his voice as he said it. Lorcan stared at him incredulously, but set me back down on the bed. I sank myself into the familiar comfort of the mattress.

Susan stepped in front of me once more. "Angel, I promise, what you're feeling now isn't real. Don't be stupid and let us help you, for fuck's sake! We're your friends!"

"Forget it, Susan." 

I could tell Susan was uncomfortable hearing her name on Draco's tongue. Everyone was when he said their names for the first time. I wanted to tell her I had felt that way too. It was Draco's way of telling you that his walls had come down, that he meant what he was saying to you. But Susan did not know that. "You can't leave her here," she cried. "She's your wife!"

Draco's grey eyes were soft. His chin trembled as he looked at me, and he pressed his lips together tightly. "I love her," he said softly, closing his eyes as if speaking to himself. "It doesn't matter if she loves me back or not."