| 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 (*TW)

TW: animal cruelty/violence

Hades was the greek God of the Underworld

Hades was the greek God of the Underworld. He was the son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, and brother of Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, and Hestia. He was known to be cold and pitiless, supervising the trial and punishment of the wicked after death.

»»————««

💙

a m o r a

We walked in silence out into the garden, past the hedges and shrubs, and into the far corner. Lucius was headed right towards the hutch, and my heart gave a small, panicked leap. I never realised he even knew about it.

With measured movements, he opened the gate and carefully picked Spot off the hay. He gave him to Erebus, and then Nutmeg to me. We held them close to our chest, Nutmeg's fur warm in my hands. Erebus was smiling as he scratched Spot on his head.

"Miss Rosier," Lucius turned to me. "I heard you rescued these rabbits from certain death?" 

"Yes," I said readily. "Erebus helped to build their hutch."

"Hm. How noble. They must've been terrified, being all alone with no protection." I managed a smile, not quite sure what he was driving at. "They won't have to worry about being eaten now," I said as I brought Nutmeg up to my face, pressing her softness against my nose.

Lucius was silent, letting a moment pass. "Now, I want you to kill them."

I was certain I heard him wrong. "What?"

"Kill them," Lucius said again, his voice void of any emotion.  Erebus glanced down at Spot, snuggled up in his arms. "H- how?"

"Oh, whichever way you want."

We could only stare at him. Lucius squinted up at the sky serenely, then back at us, waiting. My tongue could not even lift to ask the questions racing through my mind.

"Do it, or I will kill you both right where you stand."

My palms grew damp, my heart now racing a mile a minute, faster than Nutmeg's. He couldn't possibly be serious. Oh, but he was. Lucius never joked - he did not know how. I looked at Erebus. His eyes were wide with fear. Then, he lifted his wand to Spot, the black tip disappearing into his fur. Spot looked around obliviously, his twitching nose sniffing the clean air.

"Erebus," I whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Avada kedavra, Morie," he said. "It's painless. They won't feel a thing."

"But... but you won't. You can't!" I sputtered, beginning to panic.

His gaze lingered on me for only a second longer before he turned back to Spot and uttered the spell. A bright green light flashed, and there was a loud zap. Immediately, Spot went rigid and dropped onto the grass like a rock, his little white and black body stark against the soil. I stared at it, petrified with shock.