| 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴

The Argonauts were a band of about fifty heroes who followed Jason on his quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece that belonged to king Aeëtes. They sailed in the Argo, a giant ship that carried them to Colchis, where the Fleece was.

»»————««

🖤

d r a c o

Hannah and Susan sat across me on the couch. Silence hung thick in the air as they sipped their cups of tea, looking at everything else but me.

"Well?" My voice shattered the silence.

"I still think she went on holiday," Susan mumbled into her cup.

"So you're telling me" - I shuffled to the edge of my seat - "that Angel being missing has nothing to do with the fact that Codrus has also disappeared?"

"I'm saying there's a reasonable explanation for it."

Anger leapt to my throat. "Are you daft, Susan? His whole fucking house is gone! You saw it when you came around! And now it's gone, - garden and everything - as if it'd never been there at all! And you're telling me that it means nothing?"

Hannah set down her cup firmly. "Look," she said to me. "We won't get anywhere with this if you don't calm the fuck down, alright? Now, let's look at this logically. If the Codrus or the Death Eaters had taken her, she would've put up a fight, yes?" Susan and I nodded in unison. "Right," Hannah went on. "And if there had been some sort of struggle, Draco would not have come home to a completely spotless house. There would have been some signs of a scuffle, yes?"

"Yes, except that we're forgetting one thing," I interrupted. "Angel trusted that cocksucker!" 

Hannah held up a commanding hand. "Okay, hold on! Where the hell is Rutherford?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "He's gone back to the Ministry. Said he'll report her missing."

"Then shouldn't we let the Ministry handle this?" Susan piped up.

"No," I said quickly, anxiety gurgling in my chest. "I don't trust them. And I don't trust Rutherford. Hannah, Susan, please. I know I've been difficult, but this isn't about me. I'm telling you, something's wrong. Why won't you just fucking believe me?"

They stared at me for a moment. I did not bother trying to hide the desperation in my eyes. I wanted them to see. Hannah's shoulders dropped slightly. "Alright, I believe you. But I still think we should handle this in a logical manner. Let's start by eliminating her friends before we start jumping to conclusions, yeah?"

I nodded once more, letting out a long-held breath.

"She can't be with Harry or Ron, they weren't that close," she reasoned. "What about Hermoine?"

Susan shook her head immediately. "Couldn't be. Hermoine doesn't do well with secrets like that. Besides, she would have told Angel to go home."

"There's Lorcan," I suggested. "Lorcan Atwood. I've written to him but he hasn't responded. I know where he lives."

"Right!" Hannah jumped up, startling Susan and me. "What are we waiting for? Let's get going then!"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇