| 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐀𝐍 | 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘪𝘭

A/N: Hey guys!! Finally updating this after a long hiatus while I worked on The Malfoy Project. Thanks for sticking around!! I love and appreciate every single one of you <3

Towards the end of the Trojan War, the Greeks pretended to withdraw, leaving a large wooden horse

Towards the end of the Trojan War, the Greeks pretended to withdraw, leaving a large wooden horse. The Trojans brought the horse into their city, and that night, the Greeks who had been hiding in the horse opened the gates for their comrades, who had sailed back under the cover of night. They entered and destroyed the city of Troy, ending the war.

»»————««

💙

amora

"Is something wrong, Morie?" Odalis Welford was clutching her textbook close to her chest as if someone was out to steal it. Our robes brushed heavily against each other, and for a fleeting moment, I considered telling her everything.

Two weeks had had passed since the new term started and I still could not find the sodding Tomb. To make matters worse, the professors had begun to increase their nightly patrols for some unknown reason, as if Hogwarts wasn't practically Azkaban already.

I had spent the first week observing their routines, counting the number of steps they took, listening for specific sounds to use as markers. It was physically and mentally draining, and I was beginning to feel like a shrivelled up prune by the start of the second week. But I had sworn to myself I would not fuck this up.

I channeled all my energy into feigning surprise. "No, why would it be?"

"You're especially quiet today," her sharp gold-flecked eyes peered at me. I kept mine straight ahead. "And you're especially overthinking."

She did not laugh my retort off as she normally would have. "Well, if there is... something wrong, I mean, you'd tell me, right?"

There was genuine concern in her voice, and I was struck by a pang of guilt. Odalis had been my friend since First Year. We went everywhere and did everything together - common room parties, all-nighters in the library; she knew about my parents, my unrequited love for Erebus, and my sudden loss of interest in school.

But what she did not know was my complicity in a kidnapping. The impending overtaking of the Wizarding government. The inevitable war to follow. And I would like to keep it that way for as long as possible.

"Of course," I said.

She was not satisfied with this answer, but knew this was all she was going to get out of me for now. We spent the rest of the walk back in comfortable silence.

The Ravenclaw common room had been one of my favourite places in the castle, with its soothing blue hues, Astronomy equipment, and shelves upon shelves of books. But today, it failed to provide me the relief I so desperately sought.