| 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 | 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- William Shakespeare, The Tempest

»»——⍟——««

You treacherous leech.

Tell me, why was the house was empty when we arrived? You had one job - gain their trust and work with Rutherford to bring down the Ministry from the inside. That was all. I had warned you not to meddle with anything else. 

Now, I have my son writing to Ministry officials in a panic, wondering where his wife is! We are lucky Rutherford intercepted the two letters before it reached that blasted Granger and Atwood. Do you wish to destroy our plan when it has barely even begun? 

I will not be taken for a fool, Codrus. You cannot hide her for long. I need the baby, and you will bring her to me the very moment you finish reading this letter. Otherwise, you will force me to do things I do not wish to. 

Mark my words: nothing will stand in my way - not even you. 

L.M. 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dearest Lucius, 

Don't get your knickers in a knot, old man. She's with me, safe from Draco and from you. As I write, she's sleeping soundly by me. Beautiful daughter-in-law, is she not?  

Of course, I don't take your threats lightly. I well and fully believe you intend do everything in your power to achieve your goals. 

But at the same time, what's stopping me from killing her right now? What's stopping me from smothering her with the very pillow her pretty head rests on? 

Seeing as she's with me and not you, I consider myself in a rightful position to negotiate. 

If you want me to deliver her to you safely, I demand a higher compensation - for my troubles, if you will.  

When you reach your goal of becoming the most powerful wizard that has ever lived besides old Voldy, you will make me your right-hand man and most trusted counsellor. You will also compensate me with 80,000 Galleons. 

Codrus

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

You stupid, recalcitrant boy. 

Have you lost your wits? The deal was for only place at my counsel, and that is more than you deserve. 

And you do realise that if you kill her before the baby is born, the plan is no more? You will not get a single drop of power or money. Now, do not make me to come for her myself, or I will not spare you. 

L.M.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dear Lucius,

My old man, whether or not your plan succeeds doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I was fine before all this prophecy bullshit, and I will be fine after. 

My terms are simple, really. Almost too simple for a complicated character like you. 

A right-hand man is merely a step above what you've already promised me. And once you have the Elder Wand, what's stopping you from breaking into Gringotts? 

Besides, I believe you'll come to find that the value of my "recalcitrance" and "stupidity" rather immeasurable in this third impending war you seem adamant about bringing forth.

However, since you insist on being difficult, I now require one more thing. Once the baby is born, you will give Angel to me. I don't really care what you do with the baby, but she will belong to me when you've finished. 

I trust this won't be much of an inconvenience to you. 

Codrus

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Have you gone mad? Whatever could you possibly want with a Mudblood maggot like Ms Dawson? 

L.M.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Oh, Lucius,

Angel and I are in love, if you must know. But of course, such a confounding notion might be too lofty for you to grasp. Mrs Malfoy must as dry as the Sahara desert.

Either way, I don't think you have a choice. 

Tick tock, Lucius. 

Codrus

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

You can have the girl, as long as you vow to never bear children with her.

L.M.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

A strange request, but that won't be an issue. I detest children. 

I need your proper agreement on parchment for it to be considered a lawfully-binding agreement. 

Codrus

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I agree to all your stipulated demands, on the condition that you will never bear children with Ms Angel Dawson. 

L.M. 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dear Lucius,

You must indeed explain this funny demand one day! 

Expect us tomorrow night. Sweet dreams, old man. 

Codrus