| 𝐂𝐎𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐒 | 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳

Codrus was a king of Athens. During the Dorian invasion, a prophecy predicted that only the death of an Athenian king can ensure the safety of Athens. Codrus disguised himself as a peasant and provoked a group of Dorian soldiers. He was executed as a result, causing the Dorians to retreat in fear of defeat.

»»————««

🖤

d r a c o

I lay in the darkness. Angel slept beside me, her sides rising and falling. It was hard to believe she was even still here after what I'd said in my rage. I wanted to touch her hair, but that would've woken her up.

This can't go on, I thought. I had to make an effort. And so, I decided that I would invite Codrus over to dinner myself.

He was in his garden again, his white shirt hanging loosely around his arms, suspenders strapped over his strong shoulders. Even I didn't dress up like that to do gardening.

"Hey, Armstrong," I called over the wall. He lifted an arm in greeting.

I stood awkwardly by the wall. "Um- so how's the garden going?"

"Can't get these blasted Venus Flytraps to grow. Not enough sunlight, I reckon. Any suggestions?"

"Not particularly. Angel's the one with green fingers, not me." I let a moment of silence pass. "Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come around for dinner tonight."

He stood up properly then, looking a little surprised. "Sounds lovely!"

"Great," I mumbled. "See you at seven."

"See ya', mate!"

Don't call me that.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Angel hummed as the plates danced to her wand, parading around to the gentle clinking of ceramic against ceramic

She was pleased, I could tell. She had the biggest smile on her face when I came into the kitchen, wrapping around my neck. "Thank you for doing this."

Her smile made me smile. "He'd better bring over some elf wine. Or else I'm kicking him to the curb," I warned.

Codrus did bring over a bottle of elf wine, unfortunately. He presented it to us when we opened the door, standing proud in all his chiseled glory. Angel took his jacket, and I found it odd that he was so nicely dressed for a simple meal with the neighbours.

I looked at him the whole time we ate and talked, sizing him up. He didn't seem to mind, even looking directly into my eyes when he spoke to me. I wasn't impressed by his boldness.

Angel was polite in the manner that she was to everyone, smiling and asking Codrus about himself. And Codrus kept his answers not too vague or detailed, always ending with a question back at us. It was the type of engaging, two-way conversation Angel enjoyed.

When Codrus mentioned he was from Slytherin, I perked up. "Who won the House Cup in your years?"

"Slytherin, of course!" Codrus retorted, leaning back in his seat. "We won every year. That was before Harry Potter."

I chuckled. "Those Gryffindorks wouldn't be anything if it hadn't been for him."

"Too right, mate!" he snickered. "The rest of the team are utter shite."

"Exactly!"

"World Cup's coming up. Who're you betting on?"

"My money's on Brazil" I said. "Heard they bought that Spanish seeker. What was his name - Miguel Escamillan - was it?"

"Yeah, he's good. I'm hoping the U.K wins, obviously. But that's unlikely. Sorry, Angel," Codrus turned to her suddenly. "Rude of us to go on and on like that!"

Angel shook her head and waved her fork. "No, go ahead! Please. I enjoy listening."

"Did you ever play, Angel?"

She swallowed her food and cast a half-smile at me. "No, not at Hogwarts."

"Why not?"

"Funny you should ask that..."

I begged her not to tell the story of how I caused her to plummet to her almost-death in our second year. She did anyway, giggling as she held my hand across the table.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy Codrus was to talk to. Conversation flowed easily, and my heckles lowered as the night wore on.

After we bade him goodnight,  Angel shut the door and turned back to me. "See? That wasn't so bad, was it, love?"

"Yeah, I guess he's alright," I admitted reluctantly. "He's a Slytherin, too."

"You guys can bond over those darn Gryffindorks, then."

Without warning, I hoisted her up in my arms, slamming her back into the front door. Her legs wrapped around my waist as our mouths rammed into each other's.

"Draco, thank you for tonight," she said in between breaths as I left marks down her neck. "You wanted me to show you I love you. I showed it." I growled into her skin.

"Show me more."

"Like this?" My fingers found their way under her dress, and she gasped softly. "Or like this?" She was like putty in my hands, moaning and shuddering against me as I worked her.

And as we made love again, I couldn't help but think how much I wanted a family with her, how beautiful we would be.

We were only specks in the universe, but we would collide; a piece of us each, to form perfect little stars. Our stars.

It was wrong of me to wish this, but I hadn't known that then.