Big Problems

Chapter Eighteen

"If this doesn't play out how we are expecting then we will step in." Stephan told us. We were in the living room getting ready to go.

The guys got ready and we were leaving soon. On the way there we planned on taking a stop at my house to go drop off our things.

Aaron and Jonathan were outside packing up the truck with equipment and a few weapons while we were inside.

"If anything happens you nor anyone will be putting any bullets in Steve." I put my foot down and looked at the two standing in front of me.

"Why are you so keen on protecting him?" Jason came at me.

"Not only is he important to our mother but if he is covering up for them that still means he knows where they are. You can't kill a liability."

"She's right." Stephan smirked, nodding his head. Even Jason knew I was right, I could see it in his face.

"I taught you well, sissy." Jason said cockily laughing with Stephan as if he turned into a comedian suddenly.

"We're packed and ready to go." We turned to face Aaron who was standing in the doorway.

"Let's get some answers." Jason said to me and we all exited the house.

The car ride was pretty casual. There's wasn't too much talking but it wasn't dead silent either.

I had my mind full of the many scenarios that were going to take place once we get there. Hopefully Steve was a man of his word because I was really counting on it.

When we got a safe distance from our designated location, Stephan got in boss mode and ran us through the basics one more time.

"I won't give you two a mic since this is personal but I will give you these." He pulled out a small device with a button.

He showed us how it works even thought it was pretty self explanatory. If we needed assistance then we would have to press the button to alert the others.

We exited the van and began to walk for a few minutes until we reached our destination.

"Whatever happens today, if we happen to get  disappointed don't fall short on hope. Sooner or later we are going to find our parents." Jason told me and I nodded my head.

"I'm just so eager to get to it already." I was beginning to get frustrated day by day, it's only been growing.

We finally arrived at the location and there was a handful of people around so we had to spot out Steve.

"There he goes." Jason pointed out. He was standing at the lake with his back turned to us. As we got closer we noticed he was on the phone.

He turned to face us and once he acknowledged our presence he cut the call short. His cigarette was thrown down and squished under his foot.

"Long time no see, Jason." Steve looked at Jason and they greeted each other with a firm handshake along with a pat on the back.

"Yeah, it's been a few years." Jason kept the conversation short but still was polite as possible.

"You call nearly ten years a few?" He let out a laugh but Jason only let out a chuckle.

"So um, were you able to get any information on my parents?" After a short lull of silence I broke it with that question.

"So as you know a few guys came for me earlier, I  kept one of the men alive and I was able to get a few quite useless answers out of him but he won't budge."