Memories

Stephan.

I must have not recognized him because of his clothing and his shades, I wasn't able to see any of his tattoos except those on his hands.

Also because it's been five years since I last saw him.

Every once in a while a few clouded memories pop up but it appears in little flashbacks. Some of them leave my memory just as quick a it comes and I'm left with a migraine.

I remember him looking like I broke him to pieces when I didn't remember him at the hospital and I still feel bad to this day because as far as I know he saved my life.

More than once, so I've heard.

Then she told me that he and the other men were the ones who broke into my house and ended up watching after me which I now remember.

Still, I didn't remember much except bits and pieces here and there like when Stephan told me about my fathers death and the truth about my mothers, I began to feel angry all over again.

We had just came back from the club about an hour ago and I was still trying to process as much as I could.

"I just don't get it, out of all people why was he averting his anger towards me?"

"I don't know, maybe because he wanted a dance and you were giving it to some other guy." She told me and shrugged her shoulders while she twisted her straw around the inside of her coffee cup.

"Are you sure Sophia? I'm not trying to call you out but you're doing that weird thing with your eyes when you're telling a lie."

She then let out a heavy sigh and that's when she told me.

She told me everything. Well not exactly everything but she told me as much as she knew from what I told her.

She couldn't go deep into the details because for the majority of the time me and Stephan spent together she was in England.

"Why are you just now telling me this? Why didn't you tell me this the night where everything would have mattered?"

I was furious. I felt lied to and most of all I felt betrayed. How could she keep something like this away from me?

Time froze and I remember feeling like this the first day I returned home to England. I remember feeling lied to when Stephan revealed the truth to me about my mother.

I was angry at the fact that Jason could keep something so important away from me.

"Because Stephan put you through so much danger and the last thing I wanted to do was get you hurt." She admitted to me taking a hold of my hands.

"My parents were the leader of the Sicilian mafia, something my brother now leads because the position is passed down through the generations of our family, it didn't occur to you that I was already in danger years before Stephan came along?" Technically since the day I was born.

I pulled my hand back from hers and shook my head. Honestly, I was trying to find a way to understand what she was saying but I couldn't make sense of it.

"I thought I was doing what was best for you, Em-"

"That wasn't your call to make, you guys should have left the decision making up to me, at the end of my day it's my life."

Before she could apologize I cut her sentence short and walked out of the house.

This couldn't be happening. I felt lost all over again, I hated feeling like I wasn't in control. A feeling I haven't in a very long time.