Mystery

Chapter Twelve

The man held a gun in his hands while Stephan remained empty handed. I pulled Sophia further back and we took cover behind a pile of boxes that were stacked up in the alleyway.

The man took a swing at him with the gun but Stephan quickly weaved his head to the side and used his right arm to block his hit.

Once his hit was blocked Stephan took the arm he was holding and flipped it behind his back, but instead of stopping he went straight up and dislocated his shoulder.

The sound of his shoulder popping was loud enough to echo down the alleyway, and so were his deafening screams.

The gun fell from the guy's arm and Stephan kicked it towards me and Sophia. After he laid down a few punches he pulled out a gun of his own.

This whole time Stephan had a gun and he didn't use it at first even though the man had one from the beginning.

"Whatever you guys are hiding we will figure it out, you guys are dying to hide something that won't even matter in the end which means you're dying for nothing."

The man went to speak but Stephan set his foot down on his neck and blocked his airway so that he couldn't get a word out at all. Their was blood coming from his mouth and his cheekbone was busted.

"You don't get the last word."

I turned Sophias face away right before Stephan let off three shots into the mans head. She began to cry hysterically because Sophia has never witnessed somebody get killed.

The only time she seen a dead person was when she went to her grandfathers funeral when we were young kids.

His name was Tim. All the kids referred to him as their grandfather because he was just the type of man that took anyone under his wing.

Tim was in his mid seventies and he had such a long history with my parents and grandparents. There's not a page on the photo book without Tims face on it.

I snatched the gun up from off of the floor and stood up with Sophia.

"You didn't have to do it right in front of her, you could have gave us a chance to leave."

"Whoops, now give me the gun." Stephan showed no sympathy but only reached his hand out, I shook my head and backed up away from him.

Jason, Jonathan and Aaron appeared around the corner with their guns drawn but took a look at the dead man and realized that it was under control.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jason asked Sophia and I.

"I can ask you the same thing, you never told me you landed. Oh, I think that adds on to the list of the things you are hiding from me."

"We're not going to have this talk right now."

"Let me guess, we can have it later and then when later comes you'll have a made up excuse that I'm supposed to believe." It's the same thing every single time so if that's what's going to come out of his mouth then I don't want to hear any of it.

"Whatever, Sophia and I are getting out of here and until this." I paused to point around to everyone including the dead body.

"Is over, stay the hell away from me." I wrapped my arm around Sophia and we began to exit the building.

"Emma, wait." I turned around to look at Jason. I watched his eyes as he was about to say something but he only sighed and his shoulders drooped.