Masqerade

Chapter Fourteen

"Still, I don't think bringing that with you is a good idea." Sophia stood across from me with a worried expression on her face.

"What's not good about being able to ensure the safety of myself and you guys." I took a moment to pause what I was doing to hear her out.

"They already got everything in control, with a good plan and if plan A fails they have a plan B."

"What if that one fails too? I'm just thinking ahead Sophia."

I shrugged my shoulders and tucked it in my waistband anyways. Tonight I wasn't taking any chances, especially after what happened at the museum.

Sophia and I were sitting at the table eating brunch before we headed over to Stephans house, it was a little after noon.

Since we had to go over some things Jason told us to bring our belongings so we could get ready when it's time.

Besides the tasks that I had to complete tonight, I was pretty excited for the ball. Sophia being with me is what makes it better.

"So, is everything back to normal now?" Sophia asked me and I shook my head at her. Right now I can manage to put our differences aside to figure out what's going on with my mother and to see what we can find out.

Wether my mother is actually alive or dead I'd want to know exactly which one. I couldn't live the rest of my life without knowing.

"I wouldn't say back to normal, Jonathan sorta explained why they couldn't stay with me so U understand their side a bit."

"What did he say?" She took her sunglasses off and tucked them in her purse. It was the purse I bought her last year for her birthday, it makes me happy to see her carry it around happily.

"He basically told me that Stephan gave them orders to leave and not speak to me again." She nodded her head, agreeing with what I just said.

"Yeah, Stephan went ape shit after that night in the hospital."

Sophia's Flashback

"So who were all of those men?" Emma asked me, her face was beginning to frown up, she was still in confused state.

I shut my mouth and avoided eye contact for a moment before replying to her question.

"They're just someone Jason knows, let's just go with his former friends, they came to help find you."

I looked at Jason and he was already going along with it, nodding his head while looking at Emma with a warm smile.

"Yeah, and the day after you were admitted to the hospital we brought Sophia over here, we've all been by your side since then." Jason told her and took ahold of her hand.

I excused myself to go get the doctor, Jason and Emma should get some alone time. When I got down the hallway I noticed Stephan and the guys talking.

"None of us will go back into that room do you guys hear me?  Our mission with her is well over expired, our only focus now is to get Jason started on becoming a Leader."

Stephan proceeded to give orders to them, the tone in his voice was nothing to play with. We all know when Emma didn't remember him, it hit him like a train. Instead of showing his emotions he only turned them off, his face went blank.

It had no expression, even in his eyes they looked different. They looked darker. Stephan was already a dark looking man, but this was different. This was worse.