The Beast

Chapter Eight

"Before you go off on me just know that I am here for a reason."

"It better be a pretty good reason, and it better explain why you haven't returned my calls." I stood there with my arms crossed. I've been calling him for days.

"Can't a brother who misses his sister want to spend some time with her, even though she's slightly evil?"

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the door with my arms still crossed.

"Jason you didn't have to show up at my job for this, you could have just gave me a call back and we would have made arrangements."

"I've been busy with business and I touched down yesterday morning and by time I was all settled in I realized I left my phone at the airport."

"Right so you couldn't have just bought another phone instead of coming here unannounced?"

"Emma, don't be a brat I already know your shift ended..." He paused merely to check his watch.

"Two minutes and thirty six second ago, you're going home anyways so we can have a little sleepover and tomorrow we can spend the next day together, isn't that what you girls do?"

"No that isn't what us girls do." I told him in a mimicking tone with my face crinkled up.

He has got some nerve just showing up at my job like this. Whenever he doesn't answer his calls for days I always get a bit angry even though I understand.

When he's in business he sometimes keeps his phone off until everything is complete to avoid being tracked and to remain focused.

Even though I'm standing here looking at him like he's a piece of shit, I couldn't help but be a little excited to have my brother standing right in front of me.

"Let's go."

The thing is I only get to see my brother once or twice every few months in between so I can't really afford to take these opportunities for granted.

It's been almost four months since I've last seen him and now that it's finally here it seems like I don't have enough time. So I told him let's go and we made our way to my house.

"How come every time I come here your place looks different?" Jason asked me as he took a look around at my new decor.

The last time he was here the theme was shades of a dark grey with some creme colored decor. It gave a me a warm feeling but now everything is just white.

"Not that it's any of your business, I wanted to come back to a plain decor so I can decide what I want to do next."

We sat down and talked about the events that occurred while we've been apart for the rest of the night. Of course there's not much to really tell on my side but Jason never fails to entertain me with his stories.

Even thought he doesn't live here he still has a room to himself for when he comes and stays here. It has his clothes, shoes even some of his technology like his laptop.

"So where are we going today? Since you have such great plans for us." Jason was in the kitchen cooking some breakfast.

"Don't ask questions just go with the flow, it's a surprise."  He turned around and pointed his spatula at me.

Whenever Jason says he has a surprise I'm never disappointed and it's always worth the wait so like always I didn't push it any further.

"So what have you been up to?"