Getting Down To The Bottom

-As promised, a picture of Lazar Angelov playing as Mikhail.

Chapter Thirteen

"It could just be a mistake, besides that we also went to their funeral."

"Both caskets were closed, but what if there was nothing in the caskets to begin with." He wasn't asking, he was speaking in a matter of fact tone while looking down at the papers.

"They were in closed caskets because of the damage done to their body from the bullets of an AR 15."

They were all standing back while me and Jason has been discussing this conversation for about ten minutes now.

Every time I tried to make sense of this to convince myself that there is no way this is possible, Jason would come up with more logic to back it up.

"No! I knew our parents better than anyone. I got to see that side of them not you, therefore I'm not stupid enough to believe they slipped up and got killed by some low ranked gang."

"The Stone's weren't an easy pair to take down, everyone who crosses them either ends up missing or in a body bag." Stephan cut in, agreeing with Jason.

It was beginning to feel like they were piecing everything together. Still I couldn't help but have a little doubt, the last thing I need right now was to get my hopes crushed.

"Believe me, I didn't hide this from you for nothing. We went through hurdles to get the information that we have now." He walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulder.

I didn't know what to say, or think. My mind went blank for a few moments and I just stood there surrounded by everyone.

My parents? Still alive. It didn't even feel right to think of that being true.

Jason was right, I didn't get to see the violent side of my parents but I'm sure they didn't gain the title of one of the most dangerous leaders of the Sicilian Mafia for no reason.

"So what evidence do you have?" I finally asked him. They brought me to a room upstairs, it was more secluded from the rest of the house and it was behind a dark red door.

When we entered the room they shut the light on and the first thing I saw was a giant crime board in the center of the room.

"Let me show you something

"Let me show you something." He brought me to the board and pointed out a picture that was placed in the left hand side.

The quality wasn't very good and it was clearly a woman because it showed the back of her head with dark hair down to her back.

"Is that...mom?"

"Yes, that was the last photo taken from her leaving the Florida Department of Health. This was only a day before the group of men came in and forced Mr.Myles to issue the death certificate."