Promise?

Chapter Twenty Four

I woke up out of my sleep and of course Sophia was still deep in hers, I'm sure it's her snoring that woke me up.

When I went downstairs to get a glass of water I noticed the house was asleep as well. Which made sense since it was almost three in the morning.

I opened the wrong cupboard and it was full of all sorts of booze. Suddenly I wasn't so thirsty for water after seeing all the expensive liquors.

One minute I was browsing through the names of the bottles the next minute I was outside on the patio way past my limit.

I found myself thinking about my parents all over again. There's no doubt that what my grandparents said was true.

'Mr.Reynolds' is the son of Lucifer, and there is a possibility he knows who we are, we could be playing one of his sick twisted games.

Which is why we had to come up with a plan A and a plan B. We did form a plan the other day and it was a solid one at that.

If plan A doesn't work in our favor we move to plan B, but if that one flops on us to then we're definitely moving to plan C, which is my plan.

Bottom line, Plan C is we're going to have to get rid of him, I'll personally make sure he doesn't get in between me and my family every again.

"What's going on out here." His voice sounded my ears from behind me. I didn't bother to turn around, I knew who it was.

"I accidentally drank some of your liquor." Surprisingly, I managed to get that all out in one sentence.

"Accidentally?" He questioned me. His eyebrow was probably raised right now as he looked at the back of my head with a questionable look on his face.

"Well...I was only supposed to...sneak a little but I'm on my last shot." I went to pour it but not even a drop came out.

"Well, I stand corrected." Laughing to myself I realized how screwed I really was.

"We both know it's not a good sight when you're drunk." He still spoke from behind me but I could tell he was getting closer.

"Emma, put the bottle down." He told me while approaching me with his hand out. Without thinking I let the bottle slip through my fingers.

The thick glass shattered from underneath me and scattered all over the place. It was pretty hard to tell where it went because of how dark it was.

The only light we had was from what the moonlight was giving us. It was shining bright tonight, bright enough to see each other's faces but not enough to see little shards of glass.

"Emma!" Stephan let out with a scold as he rushed to me to help out.

"Crap, sorry!" I stood up quick once again I was not thinking and I felt something sharp on my foot which didn't hurt so bad.

To keep myself from it going any further I fell back and my hands landed straight on the glass.

Although I didn't feel anything at the moment, I knew that the multiple shards of glass stuck in my hands would have an impact on me later on.

Stephan ran towards me to catch me from the fall but he was too far away to reach me in time. When he got to me he lifted me up carefully in bridal style.

I could hear the glass crushing underneath his feet as he lifted me up, thankfully he had on his shoes. Was he planning on going out somewhere?

He carried me inside and brought me to his bathroom upstairs. I tried to hold onto him the best way I could without getting my blood on him.