My Way Or The Highway

Chapter Nine

"You showed up, punched a dude and slammed his brother? That is the opposite of making sure she doesn't know you're here."

"Actually she isn't supposed to know you're here, I can do as I please freely and if I didn't step in she would have woke up in bed next to a stranger."

I was standing behind a closed door listening to Jason and Stephan whisper yell to each other even though Stephans voice was much more calm.

What did Stephan mean by I wasn't supposed to know Jason was here? He wanted me to know he was here because he flew down here today to spend time with me.

Who does he think he is thinking he did good by punching the guy in the face as if he was doing it for me.

For the record I wouldn't have slept with him but even if I was I'm old enough to make that decision if I wanted to.

"Hello there, darling." I turned around to see a woman who looked to be in her early sixties. She was elderly but instead of being all wrinkly she was so beautiful.

Her hair was shortly styled styled and was light brown with grey streaks all throughout it. I noticed her long sleeved sweater. It was a chestnut brown and it matched the color of her eyes well.

Crap, I'm so busted.

"I guess this is the part where I say it's not what it looks like."

She smiled and looked down at my hand, the swelling was pretty hard to miss especially with the bruising on top.

"Follow me." She whispered and led me to a small room that had four white walls.

It had an exam bed placed on the opposite side of the room. There was cabinets, and a table that held little tools like scalpels and scissors, I couldn't make out the items on the rack from where I was standing.

A flashback appeared in my head.

Flashback

Well that's ironic, here I am thrown in a situation for my someone else's error, wouldn't be the first time.

I didn't speak, I mean what was there to say? At this point I pretty much accepted my fate, I have been beaten since I got here because I won't speak, I won't start now.

"Well, if you won't speak I guess I'll have to bring out something that does." He called out a name and they soon appeared in the room with a cart being pulled from behind him.

When my eyes finally adjusted I took in the looks of everything. The cart held a bunch of items. Knives, a torch, rope, a piece of metal and other things.

The man that brought them in looked to be in his late thirties or early forties, his hair was black and cut low and he had a full grown beard. That's all I could get before he exited the room.

As for the man that requested him, he looked to be in the same age group. He had a couple of scars around his body, if it wasn't a scar there was a tattoo.

He wore a blank face but it still held so much anger, I knew his patience had wore out by now.

He picked up the piece of metal along with the torch and began heating it up, the tip of the torch was now a cherry red color.

"So I'm sure you've watched plenty movies to know how this goes, I ask you a question you answer, now if you don't-" He set the torch down and raised the piece of metal as he approached me.