1

"I'm here grandma!" I excitedly said into my phone as soon as I landed in the airport. The plane ride was draining, all I want to do now is rest and greet my grandmother. She promised she would be waiting for me as soon as I got my baggage.

"I'm waiting for you!" Her tender voice responded, making my lips curve into a smile.

It's been ages since I've seen my grandmother, more well known as the support-hero Recovery Girl. After admiring her from afar all these years, I'll finally get to spend some time with her.

I think it's quite a miracle that I've inherited her exact quirk, despite my father not having any quirk and my mother having an unrelated one.

She loves it though, my grandma, it's like a deep connection we share. I understand all her struggles as a healer, and she understands all mine.

Though, I wouldn't call myself a healer. In fact, I rarely ever use my quirk on other people besides myself.
"Useless;" everyone's favorite word to call me. Unoriginal, but degrading nonetheless. I've heard it so many times it doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

I don't get how people call me useless yet ask me for help whenever they get a papeprcut. I find it stupid and hypocritical, but I'd never say that to their faces.

I ran to my suitcase, excitedly taking it and heading to the escalators. "Okay, I'll look for you." I hung up after a brief conversation with my grandma, looking around the crowded airport for her.

My eyes landed on a tall figure dressed in all black with long hair. I squinted my eyes to get a better look, noticing he was standing right next to Recovery Girl.

Immediately, my face lit up once I made eye contact with her. She smiled back, saying something to the tired looking man next to her.

I could barely contain my excitement as the escalator went down. Once I was on the ground, I made my way to her.

"I missed you Mimi!" She embraced me, calling me a nickname I hadn't heard in forever.

"I missed you too!" I pulled away, looking up at the intimidating man standing beside her.

"Oh, this is Mr. Aizawa, my dear friend and an instructor at UA." She introduced us. His expression remained stoic, it was almost unnerving.

"Oh, I'm Miya. Nice to meet you," I shook his hand, grinning friendly.

"Likewise." His deep, monotone voice said. I've never heard anyone sound so tired and bored. He seemed nice though; if my grandma trusted him then I did too.

"How was the flight dear?" I was asked as we made our way to the car. Mr. Aizawa only came to accompany my grandma, which was very sweet of him.

"It was okay, kinda boring." I continued talking as we made our way to UA, where I will be spending my next semester.

" I continued talking as we made our way to UA, where I will be spending my next semester