13

He shot me a bewildered look after I responded, almost like he was caught off guard. But, he caught me off guard.

Never in my life did I ever think I'd hear something like that come out of Katsuki Bakugo's mouth. Especially not to me.

I nodded reassuringly, leaning into his chest and nuzzling my nose into him.

"It's okay," I comforted him. "Lets stay like this a while."

I could feel his heartbeat quicken, then slow down. This is fine.

Minutes passed, and it seemed we were both comfortably laying in eachother's arms. We didn't move, except Bakugo's hand grazing over my hair every couple seconds.

"It's eleven in the morning!" Mina shrieked, sitting up on the floor.

Bakugo shoved me away from him in a hurry, ending our dream-like moment.

I rolled over onto my back at the edge of the bed. He did the same, his eyes focused on the ceiling.

He let go of my hand, pushing all evidence that I was even near him away.

"You're awake!" Mina grinned when she saw me staring at Bakugo.

"Oh, yeah, good morning." I smiled at her messy bed hair and tired eyes.

"You should've woken me up." She grumbled, shaking Denki and Kirishima awake.

"Don't touch me." Denki said, his voice muffled by the pillow covering his face.

I was distracted by shuffling beside me, so I turned my head to look at Bakugo.

He was up, running his hand through his tousled hair and staring down at me.

"I'm going to go workout." He said. His eyes left mine as soon as I looked back up at him.

"I'll go with you?" I sat up, trying to tame my bed hair

"No." He snapped, walking right out the door. Ouch.

"He's just grumpy." Mina stuck her tongue out at the door he just slammed.

"I guess so." I frowned. How could we be so close one second, then miles apart the next.

-

"This is kind of easy, wanna try it?" I said to Uraraka as I threw knives at a target in the gym.

She joined me, since I told her I needed to master knife throwing to put my suit to good use.

And, she has some experience in weapon combat, I figured she could teach me a thing or two.

"No, I'm terrible aim." She shook her head, staring at the target I hit with my knife.

"But you're pretty good, even during the test you were like a pro." She added.

"I wouldn't say pro, they were just lucky shots." I replied, walking over to the wooden target and pulling the small blade out.