12

"Deku..." I whispered as quietly as I could, trying to get his attention.

I never studied for any of tests, and now I was paying the price. Math class. One of my biggest weaknesses.

Deku sat in front of me, scribbling on his test. I know he studied. He's the type of guy that spends hours a day going over notes. Me, though, I was shoving food down my throat with Kirishima and Denki.

"Miya?"

Speak of the devil.

"What?" I turned around discreetly to face Denki behind me.

"Do you know how to do this?" He slumped in his chair, chewing on the eraser on his pencil.

"No. Hold on." I urged, turning around. This time, there was a small yellow sticky note on my desk.

It has all the answers to every question, including a small note at the bottom.

"Meet me after school in the library :)" it read.

I quickly ripped the corner of my paper, writing down a few words: "thxx! :)"

I gave Deku a pat on his shoulder with my pencil, handing him the paper. He looked back at me, smiling kindly.

After I circled all my answers, I passed the sticky note back to Denki.

"Thanks Mimi." He tickled my neck, making me flinch and stifle a laugh.

And I heard him snorting behind me too. That dumbass. It's hard to put up with him sometimes.

-

"Miya! Come with me." Deku greeted me as I entered the school library.

"Why are we here?" I sat down across from him, setting my bag down beside my chair.

He had two big textbooks set up and a pile of papers. Along with a couple of pencils.

"I figured we could study together. I invited Iida and Todoroki too." He beamed, handing me a pencil and opening my textbook to the same page as his.

"Okay. This is fine." I laughed unenthusiastically, picking up the pencil and reading through the meaningless words.

"I'll make sure your brain is full by the time we leave." He tapped his pencil on my forehead.

"If it doesn't ooze out of my ears by then." I grumbled, watching him begin underlining terms in his book.

"Midorya." A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Todoroki. A pleasant sight.

"Hey! Come sit." Deku waved his hand toward himself, gesturing for todoroki to come sit.

He sat beside me, staying quiet. Not long after, Iida rushed in and sat beside Deku.

"Are we all here and accounted for?" He asked, opening his and Todoroki's book to the correct page.

"Fun fun fun." I droned, sighing as they all talked about math things. Nothing I care about.

"This isn't fun." Todoroki said beside me, doodling in his book.

"Pay attention. It may not be fun but it is crucial for you to learn and...." I zoned out, staring at Iida ramble about how grades can impact everything.

"Just so you know," I quipped, interrupting his lecture. "This is all going in one ear and out the other." I sighed.

He stopped speaking, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Just pay attention Miya, it'll benefit you in the end." He said, taking my notebook and underlining information for me.

"How about this," Deku proposed, shifting in his seat to get closer to me.