S I X

"Remus, what's wrong, mate?" James came rushing into their dorm room to find Remus on his bed with his head tucked between his knees. Remus didn't look up, but he sniffled a bit, and James concluded that he had been crying. Harry and Lily walked into the room a couple of seconds later, both asking the same question.

"Hey, Re, it's alright. We're here for ya" Lily sat next to him on the bed and rubbed his back. "Just take a deep breath" Then she instructed Remus to breathe with her, and they did that until the only indication he was crying were his puffy eyes and his flushed cheeks.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"Who do we need to beat up?" James said while sitting down across from Remus.

"We are not beating up anyone," Lily said harshly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" And when Lily turned back to Remus, James mouthed, 'who am I killing?' But Lily sensed it and smacked James' arm. "Ow!"

"Grow up" Then Lily turned her attention back to Remus, who looked rather frightened.

Remus sat on the bed and looked at two people he'd known for years and one person with whom, for some reason, he trusted his life with. He wondered if they would accept him.

"I-" Remus tucked his head between his knees again. "I'm gay" He mumbled into his knees. James, Harry, and Lily just all looked at each other and smiled.

"We know," They said together. Remus' head shot up as he looked between his friends.

"You..knew? How?"

"The way you look at Sirius" Harry replied with a smile. "It's rather obvious"

"And you guys... don't care?"

"No," James said.

"Of course not" Lily replied with a small smile. Remus looked to Harry for his approval.

"I'd be sort of hypocritical if I didn't support you" Harry shrugged.

"What?" Remus asked.

"I'm bi"

"Oh" Remus smiled, and then it dropped, "What about Peter, Sirius, and Draco. Are they going to accept me?"

"Peter probably doesn't even know what gay means," James said with a smirk.

"Hey, that's mean," Lily hit him again.

"Will you stop hitting me"

"Will you stop acting like a child!"

"You're the one who can't keep her hands to herself"

"Guys!" Harry interrupted, "Not the time"

"Sorry" they both mumbled.

"And Draco won't care cause he's also gay, and Sirius won't care because well... He's also gay"

"He told you?" James looked at Harry with wide eyes.

"He doesn't need to" In fact, Sirius had told Harry he was gay. It was just future Sirius who had said it.

"How do you know?" Remus asked with a hopeful expression.

"Same way we knew you were gay. It was the way he looks at you" Harry replied simply. Both James and Lily nodded in agreement.

"You should really see yourselves. Constantly stealing glances and hiding blushes," Lily said, "It's sorta sweet"

"Well now it's sorta embarrassing," Remus told them, "Just... don't tell Sirius please"

"Why not?"