S E V E N

The fight was all anyone could talk about, and Harry almost regretted it. After all, he was having such a good time not being in the spotlight, only to be pushed back into it because he could do wandless magic. Remus and Sirius still weren't talking, and The Marauders were planning on locking them in their room until they finally kissed or something.

In fact, they had a whole elaborate plan for after dinner where they would get Remus and Sirius alone in the dorm room while they all went to dinner. They knew Sirius would probably take a nap, and all they had to do was get Remus into the room and then get everybody else out. Everyone became giddy when Sirius fell asleep, and they could barely pull it together enough to play cards properly. A few minutes before dinner, Harry announced that they should head down to the great hall, and everyone had gotten up. Sirius had been pretending to nap, but he didn't really feel like dinner, so he stayed in bed.

The plan was going perfectly until Remus rushed out the door, hoping not to be asked to wake Sirius up like he usually was. Everyone looked at each other and then hurried after him. Lily was smart, though, and she left her scarf on the floor where they were playing games before rushing out with the group. When they got down to the common room, Lily made a big scene asking where her scarf was.

"I think I left it upstairs!" She exclaimed, "I have to use the restroom, but Remus, would you mind grabbing it for me, please?" He went to suggest someone else do it when Lily interrupted, "Perfect, thank you so much, you're a lifesaver" and then rushed out the door. She stood outside the portrait and prayed that the boys understood what she was trying to do.

Meanwhile, Sirius was upstairs, sitting on his bed, with his back against the wall. His eyes were closed, and he was content with the silence until a little tapping at his window disrupted him. He looked over and saw his family's owl. He intended on ignoring it as he really didn't want to know what his family had to say, but the owl was persistent and wouldn't stop pecking at the glass to a point where it was more annoying to hear the tapping than it would be to just let the owl in.

He groaned and opened the window allowing the owl to swoop in, drop the letter, and swoop out again. Sirius told himself he wouldn't open the letter. He was no longer a part of that family, and he had no reason to care what they wanted. But as much as he told himself that, he still cared nonetheless, and it irked him to a point where he grabbed the letter just out of spite and ripped it open. He had been disowned, so what the hell could they want from him?

Sirius,

I heard Mom trying to set up an arranged marriage for you so she can restore the family name. It's not official yet, but I thought I'd let you know. I'm not even sure how this would work because you've been disowned. I'm sorry I'm not at Hogwarts this year, and I really wish I had gone. It's ghostly here, and Dad is trying to 'train' me. As much as I don't agree with every choice you've made, I understand why you made them, and I hope that by telling you this early enough, you're able to stop it. I know you don't want an arranged marriage, and I know you want to distance yourself from our family. I hope this letter does some good. Don't respond, as I don't want anyone to know I sent you anything.

-Regulus

Sirius closed the letter and took a deep breath. They couldn't arrange a marriage for someone who was no longer in their family, could they? He pulled his knees to his chest and told himself it was fine and that it didn't mean anything. But deep down, he knew that his parents may be capable of something like this. He'd have to find some way to stop this.

Remus rolled his eyes and reluctantly walked upstairs and back into the room, only to find Sirius clutching a letter and crying. All the awkwardness and uneasiness Remus had felt while around Sirius was thrown out the window at the sight of his best friend crying. Remus shut the door silently and walked over to Sirius. He sat down on the bed with his legs in a V shape and then pulled Sirius between his legs without a word. Sirius immediately relaxed a bit and leaned back into the bigger boy's chest, and out of habit, tugged Remus's arms around him so that he was holding him.