E I G H T

"Don't forget your end of the deal" James said to Harry before pushing him into the common room and retreating back to their room. Harry made a groaning noise and looked around the room. It was empty besides Draco, who was sitting on the couch and reading a book about potions. Draco was acutely aware of Harry's presence and had stopped reading his book as soon as he stepped into the room. However, he kept his eyes trained on the page in hopes of looking like he could focus around the raven-haired boy.

"H-hey Draco," Harry said lightly as he walked over to the couch and sat down on the other end of it.

"Hey Harry," Draco said without looking up from his book. He was scared he might blush or do something stupid if he looked at the boy. Draco's little crush on Harry only seemed to grow when he was forced to share quarters with him and be civil. In fact, the two of them had become relatively close over the past few weeks. "What's up?"

"Erm...I was wondering..." Harry trailed off. Draco bookmarked his page and slowly closed the book, taking his time placing it on the table and looking over at Harry whose cheeks were red. Draco smiled.

"C'mon, spit it out. Not telling me isn't very Gryffindor of you"

"I am too a Gryffindor" Harry quickly defended.

"Not trying to start a fight" Draco put his hands up in defense before moving them to go through his hair. He noticed Harry's eyes zone in on the movement, so he purposefully raked his hands through his hair a little slower while smirking. "Harry?" Draco asked in a teasing tone.

"Yes, uh, right. Um, this weekend!" Harry blurted out.

"This weekend..?" Draco tried to pull the full sentence out of the boy.

"Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?" Harry blurted out and then quickly looked down with a shy yet hopeful expression. Draco smirked and absentmindedly pulled his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Is Harry Potter asking me on a date?" Harry looked up with squinted eyes.

"Yes you prick," Harry said with sudden confidence.

"Well, Potter, I'll have to check my schedule as I am a very busy dude"

"Oh shut it, Malfoy! Yes or no?"

"Why not? Who wouldn't want to go out with the golden boy" Draco laughed and grabbed his book again, "Oh shucks, I just realized that we can't go to Diagon Alley and go to Fred and George's shop" Draco leaned back.

"You've been in their store?"

"With a glamour on obviously, but yeah, it's actually pretty cool"

"Wow Malfoy, you stepped into a Weasley establishment and didn't blow shit up?"

"There's a lot you don't know about me Potter" Draco fixed a glare on Harry.

"Guess I'll just have to find them out"

"Yes, I suppose you will"

Meanwhile, Lily had come down the stairs to find Remus, only to find Harry and Draco talking. She noticed the names they used on each other, and they spoke of some shop in Diagon Alley. She wondered why they would call each other by Lucius and James' last names. It sounded so weird, yet it came out of their mouths almost naturally. She was also confused by what 'Golden Boy' meant and why Harry was considered it. She wondered if it was because of his wandless magic. 

Lily had all the pieces of the puzzle, she just had to fit them in the right places, and she would discover what was really going on.

* * * *