Christmas Party

"Are they here, yet???" Your fiance keeps excitedly questioning you as you peek out your apartment door.

You turn around and shake your head in response, "Not yet, but they should be here soon."

He holds his wrist out, glancing at the time on his watch, "I hope so. They're already late."

"By two whole minutes, Leorio," You make your way over to him, taking your hand in his and offering him a reassuring smile, "I know you're excited, but give them some time to get here first."

"I know, babe. I can't wait to give them their gifts!" His gaze falls on the decorated Christmas tree in the corner of your living room, and then to all the wrapped presents beneath it, "And I can't wait to give you yours."

"I feel the same way," You reply to him with a smile, "I think you'll really like your gifts."

Almost instantly, he joyfully replies with, "I'll love any gift you get me, just because it's from you!"

You give him a quick peck on the cheek, "You're so sweet." You're about to kiss him again, but you're interrupted by the sound of knocking and excited shouting from outside of your apartment, "Looks like they're finally here."

Leorio rushes past you, sending your hair flying in all directions. You can only watch with a grin on your face as he hastily throws the door open. "Gon, Killua, and Alluka, you're finally here!! You're late, you know?" Each of them stands in front of him at the door, all of them wearing various ugly sweaters.

"By five minutes," You point out as you move to stand beside him, "Quit being overdramatic, love."

"Fine..." He starts, mumbling under his breath, "Some people consider that rude though..."

Gon scratches the back of his neck innocently, "Sorry, Leorio. We stopped to get a drink. We're here now!"

Killua eyes the dozens of gifts under the tree, before looking up at you with a smirk on his face, "Hey, (Y/N), are most of those for us?"

"Quite a few of them are, yes," You start, explaining to him, "Some of them are also for Emmy and Kurapika, who should be here soon."

Alluka rushes ahead of them, holding her arms open for you to hug her, "I missed you, (Y/N)! Big brother and I were really excited about today!"

You let out a soft chuckle as you lean down to pull her into a tight hug, "Was he really?" You glance at Killua who crosses his arms and looks away from you both, feeling embarrassed.

"Oi, you don't need to tell her that!" He lets out a sigh, before a grin forms on his face, "Besides, Gon was really excited, too."

"Yeah, I couldn't wait!" He hugs Leorio, and then hugs you after Alluka pulls away from you, "But we didn't bring any gifts..." He looks down with a guilty frown on his face.

Leorio sets a hand on his shoulder, flashing him a reassuring smile, "You shouldn't worry about that! You're a kid, so you're supposed to be getting gifts; not giving them!"

Gon seems surprised by this, his gaze falling on Leorio, before it falls on you, "Really?? Is that true, (Y/N)?"

"Yep, it's true!" You gesture towards the coffee table in the living room, "There's some sweets and drinks in there for you all if you want them."

Killua rushes past you, pulling Alluka along with him, "Let's eat them all before everyone else gets here!"

"Don't you dare! Those are for everyone, not just you!" You scold him as if you were his mother (Well a much less psychotic version of her).