Sharing a Room

*This oneshot is separate from the other storyline in this book*

You've been travelling around lately with Gon, Killua, Alluka, and Leorio. Gon and Killua have been dragging all of you out on different adventures, insisting that it's a lot of fun. And they were right, well, for the most part. Travelling around so much does get pretty tiresome. All five of you are walking towards a hotel after a full day of exploring a new city that none of you had ever been to. 

"See? I told this place had a lot to offer," Killua says with a smug grin on his face, as he walks backwards in front of you all, his arms resting behind his head, "And you all didn't want to go."

Gon sticks his tongue out at him playfully, "I still want to go into that forest we walked by!"

"Yeah, yeah. We'll go tomorrow," Killua quickly waves him off, before glancing at Alluka with a smile, "Did you have fun, Alluka?"

"Mhm!" She hums excitedly in response, "I loved seeing all the tall buildings!"

"The tall trees are more exciting!" Gon exclaims in his defense.

Killua shakes his head at this, "You only think that because you grew up in nature, stupid. Alluka and I grew up near a city."

"That's true.." Gon says in response, his finger on his chin in thought, "Oh! Leorio, (Y/N)! Did you two have fun?"

You nod your head in response, a smile present on your face, "Definitely! I'm more of a city person, anyway."

Leorio responds afterwards, agreeing with you, "Me too! Cities have a lot more to offer!"

"You're outnumbered, Gon!" Killua exclaims with a mischievous, cat-like expression on his face. He turns back around, letting out a laugh. He stops in his tracks when he notices the hotel down the sidewalk, "Oh, there it is. Race you there, Gon!" He takes off running, using Godspeed to get there faster.

"Hey! No fair! That's cheating!" He runs after him as fast as possible but it doesn't seem like he's going to catch up.

Alluka giggles at this, calling after them, "Hey, wait for me, big bro!" She starts running towards them without a second thought.

You let out a soft chuckle as you watch them all chasing each other down the sidewalk. "So carefree as always," You muse to Leorio.

"Those kids have been through a lot, so they deserve to have carefree fun like this," Leorio points out, watching them with a wide smile on his face.

"I agree. I'm glad they're having fun, and I'm glad I came with," You start, glancing up at him as you walk beside him on the sidewalk, "And I'm glad you came, too, of course." 

Leorio looks down at you, face instantly flushing red from your comment. Once he sees the sweet smile on your face, he turns away, his cheeks feeling even hotter, "I am, too.." He mumbles with a huge smile on his face. 

It's not a secret that you have a crush on Leorio, although you're not sure how to tell him. Anytime you try to, you get too nervous, and end up backing out. Leorio likes you, as well, but it seems like everyone but yourself realizes it, much to his chagrin. He went on this trip to be with his friends, but mainly, he just wanted to spend more time with you. 

"Oi! Are you guys coming?!" Killua calls from the entrance of the hotel, "We already checked in, so hurry it up, you old people!"

"Old?" You raise an eyebrow at him, incredulously, "That's a new insult."

"For you, maybe," Leorio grumbles under his breath.

You grab Leorio's hand and take off running down the sidewalk, "Come on! We better hurry!"