The Proposal

"Well.. I know what type of proposal I want to do.." Leorio starts, taking a drink out of his coffee mug, "But (Y/N) wouldn't like it. So, I need to think about what she would want."

Kurapika nods to this. They currently sit across from each other at a cafe, eating breakfast, and drinking coffee together. "That's very respectable of you, Leorio. I'm surprised that you're behaving more intelligently, lately. It must be because of (Y/N)."

Leorio gets an annoyed look on his face, and grits his teeth, "You really just say whatever you want, huh?" He shakes his head, "No, this isn't important. I need to think hard."

"Oh? This is truly a day of firsts for you."

"Oi! You really don't hold back," Leorio ignores him, and continues thinking for several moments, before he finally raises his finger, excitedly,  "I think I've got something!"

Kurapika hums in thought, setting his mug back down on the table, "I'm surprised. That didn't take long. What is your idea?"

Leorio goes into details explaining his idea to Kurapika, and Kurapika agrees that it's a good idea. Leorio starts planning for the night, making sure you're free that night, and making reservation at a fancy restaurant. 

He's getting ready in the bathroom, tightening his tie, while he watches himself in the mirror. He watches his reflection, making sure he looks decent, before gulping out of fear. He pulls the ring box out of his pocket, opening it for a moment, before closing it when he hears you calling for him. "Coming!" He shoves the box back in his pocket, a determined look on his face, 'I'm going to make this perfect!'

He make his way out to the living room, and you turn around to face him. His jaw drops, and his cheeks instantly heat up, his whole face going red. He finds himself completely speechless.

"Um.. Leorio, are you alright?" You ask, raising an eyebrow at him. You approach him with a smile on his face, "It's definitely not the first time you've seen me in a nice dress."

"But it's the first time I've seen you in this dress!" He defends himself, as he reaches out towards you. He pulls you close to him, holding you by the waist. "You look beautiful."

You wrap your arms around his neck, smiling bashfully up at him, "You don't look so bad yourself."

"I don't look nearly as good as you.." He mumbles quietly to himself, before he clears his throat. He checks his watch, surprised by the time. "We should head out now."

 You grab his hand, and he leads you out to the car. He helps you into the passenger seat before sitting in the drivers seat. After a few minutes of driving, and chatting, he pulls into the parking lot of a posh-looking restaurant. You stand up out of the car, and close the door behind you. Leorio takes your hand and leads you to the entrance of the restaurant, while you look around in awe. Once you enter the restaurant, you stand in line at the podium, waiting for the hostess.

"Leorio," You start, glancing around at your surroundings, before looking back at him, "This place looks really expensive."

"Don't worry, babe! It's worth it for you!" He replies, happily, with a thumbs up.

Your expression doesn't change however, as you watch him with concern, "I appreciate the sentiment, but-"

"Do you have reservation?" The hostess asks, cutting you off, "What's your last name."

"Paladiknight." Leorio replies as he steps forward, "I made a reservation for a booth."

The hostess begins typing on her computer, before looking confused. She types again, before looking up and explaining, "I'm sorry, sir. But I don't have anything booked under that last name. And we don't have any booths available tonight."