Date Night

You let out an exasperated sigh as you watch your computer screen with a growing migraine. You've paused your typing to rub your temples, trying to will the pain away. 'I just want to get this work over with already..'  It's safe to say that it's been a very long week for you. Your workplace has been short-staffed lately, so you've offered to put in extra hours, much to your sanity's chagrin. Everyday this week you've worked overtime, without a day off, and barely eating or sleeping. Leorio has been very supportive of you, cooking you extra meals, and dropping off coffee and snacks for you when he can, but he's also been very busy. You haven't spent much time with him at all. 'Just need to get through today, then I can finally have my day off tomorrow.'  You start typing again, quicker now.

After a few more long hours sat in your desk, you finally grab your jacket and walk out the door, hurrying to get home to the love of your life. Once you enter your apartment, you hang your jacket up, and quickly kick your shoes off. You plop down on the couch, letting out an exhausted sigh.

"(Y/N), are you home?" Leorio calls from another room. You can hear footsteps approach the living room from the hallway. He feels so excited to finally have you home, but when he approaches the couch, his face instantly changes to one of concern. "(Y/N), are you okay?" He quickly lays the back of his hand against your forehead, momentarily, before pulling it back, "You don't have a fever, but you look pale."

"I'm just really tired," You weakly reply, before offering him a tired smile, "I missed you."

He sits down beside you, pulling you close, and holding you against his chest. He rubs your back, gently, mumbling, "I missed you, too."

"I'm sorry that I got home so late." You apologize, feeling guilty about not being able to spend much time with him lately, "I shouldn't have taken those extra hours."

His grip on you tightens, "Don't apologize, (Y/N). You just wanted to help them out." You both stay like this for a little longer, reveling in each other's embrace. Leorio finally pulls back, wondering, "Did you eat, yet? I'll order take-out for us!

"Thank you, Leorio. I appreciate it."

"Don't thank me, babe!" He exclaims, "You deserve to be spoiled!"

You find yourself blushing at this, and look away from him, a small smile on your face, "You're too sweet."

He orders Chinese take-out for you both, and you spend the night watching a movie with him while eating. After dinner, you're barely able to hold your eyes open, so Leorio carries you to bed, and helps you get comfortable. He holds you close against him until you fall asleep. 

The next day, you wake up alone, with Leorio nowhere to be found. You yawn as you sit up and rub your eyes, tiredly. You glance at the clock on your bedside table, surprised to see that it's already 1pm. A clang of dishes from the kitchen catches your attention, so you get up to investigate.

"Oh, (Y/N), you're finally awake?" Leorio asks, as he finishes putting some dishes in the cupboard, "You look much better today."

You take a few steps closer to him, crossing your arms, "Why did you let me sleep so long?"

He sweat-drops at your expression, "Oi, don't get pouty, babe. You needed the rest!" Looking you up and down, he suddenly feels flushed, quickly looking away from you, "Besides, you look too cute when you do that."

"Hmph, I wanted to spend time with you," You continue to sulk, as he walks towards you, putting both of his hands on your shoulders.

He pulls you to the table, and gestures for you to sit down. "I made you some lunch. I was going to wake you up soon, anyway.." Leorio walks away for a moment, and comes back with a plate of chicken nuggets, and a glass of juice. "I want to spend time with you, too!"