It's Nearly the Holidays!

"Babe!! Are you home??" Leorio calls from outside of your apartment door. He swings the door open, excited to see you sitting on the couch, watching something on TV. "You'll never guess what I bought us!"

You hum in thought, eyeing the paper bag he carries in one hand, before glancing back up at him with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow. "Alright, I'll bite. What is it?"

He sets the paper bag down on the couch, pulling out two matching sweaters, presenting them to you with a huge grin on his face, "Matching holiday sweaters!! I got them on sale!! Aren't they amazing??"

You're caught off-guard by the holiday sweaters and his over-enthusiastic attitude, hesitating to reply for several seconds, before forcing a smile, and replying, "They're great, Leorio."

Leorio notices your strained reaction, and immediately puts the sweaters back into the bag, and sets the bag on the floor. He sits down beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, gently. He watches you with a worried expression evident on his face, "What's wrong, babe? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, not at all!" You reassure him with a small smile, before sighing and looking away from him, "I'm just not big on the holidays, that's all."

"Really?" He pulls you closer to him, noticing the distant look in your eyes, "That makes sense. Last year, you kind of avoided everyone during that time, didn't you?"

You slowly nod to this, turning back to face him again, "Sorry, it wasn't on purpose."

He wraps his other arm around you, pulling you into his chest and holding you, while speaking in a hushed tone, "You don't need to apologize to me, babe. We don't need to celebrate or anything if it bothers you. I don't want to make you sad."

"No, that's not necessary," You pull away from him slightly, to glance up at his face, and offer him a warm smile, "I know how much you love the holidays, so I want to try and enjoy them with you."

"R-really??" He questions you in surprise, "You don't have to do that for me, babe. I understand how you feel. We can even return those sweaters if you want."

You shake your head at this, responding with, "No, I want to keep them and wear them."

"Are you sure, babe?" When you nod in response, with a smile on your face, a wide grin forms on Leorio's face. He joyfully exclaims, "Then I'm going to do my best to make the holidays the best for you!"

You let out a soft chuckle at his proclamation, "I don't doubt that. Well, as long as I'm with you, I'll already consider them the best."

Leorio's smile seems to widen somehow, and his cheeks are dusted pink, "There you go being too cute again!" He holds you tightly against his chest, running one hand through your hair gently. 

True to Leorio's words, he's tried to give you the best pre-holiday experience possible. He has bought a bunch of lights and decorations to decorate the inside of your apartment with. Unfortunately, a majority of the lights he has bought are broken, and essentially useless. 

"I don't understand why they're not working.." Leorio says, scratching the back of his head in thought. 

You're sitting on the floor, with the strand of lights sitting in your lap. "I don't understand either." The box that the lights were in is sitting on the floor across from you. You reach out to grab it, immediately noticing the 'for sale' sticker on it. "Leorio, honey, did you buy these from the clearance rack?"

"Yeah, I did. Why?" He wonders, completely oblivious.

You let out a sigh at his response, "I'm assuming they were on sale for a reason. Maybe we should buy them together next time."