Fixing Leorio's Bad Day

Leorio's day at work lasted a lot longer than he thought it would. Unfortunately, he had quite a lot of work to do, which took him a while to get through. After he finished work, he went to college for a few hours to study, only to find out that he had an important exam coming up! All Leorio has wanted all day is to go home and see you, but he keeps getting held up with the dumbest things. 

When he's finally able to go home, it's already late into the night. He lets out a long sigh as he enters the apartment, closing the door behind him, and sliding his shoes off. He drops his suitcase by the door and makes his way over to the couch, falling backward onto it. 

"Leorio? Is that you?" Your voice calls from another room. You appear in the doorway to the living room, asking, "Are you home?"

When you see him dozing off on the couch, you decide to sit down beside him, prompting his eyes to blink open. "Oh, (Y/N). I missed you."

"Are you okay, Leorio?" You watch him with worry evident in your eyes, "You look exhausted. Did something happen?"

He lets out a long sigh, looking away from you, tiredly, "It was a really long day. And apparently, I have a big exam coming up."

"I'm sorry, my love," You take his hand in yours, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

He shakes his head at this as his gaze falls back on you, "No, it's my own problem. Don't worry about me, babe. How was your day?"

"It was fine. I was just thinking about you for most of it," You say as you're trying to think of a way to cheer up your loving fiance. An idea comes to mind, and you offer him a warm smile, "I'm going to run a warm bath for you, so stay put."

You move to stand up, but Leorio grabs your hand, "Wait- you don't have to do that for me, (Y/N). I'm fine, I promise."

You pull his hand up to your mouth and press a kiss against the back of it, "I don't have to, but I want to. It'll help you relax. I can tell how stressed you are."

Leorio is surprised for a moment, before a tired smile forms on his face, "You really are the best, you know that?"

"For you, I try," You let go of his hand, and rush to the bathroom. You start running water for his bath, making sure it's the perfect temperature before adding in some muscle soak. You also get some clothes ready for him and set them under his towel.

While you're waiting for the bath to fill up, you peak into the living room and find him asleep again. You let out a soft chuckle when you notice the drool dripping from his chin. "I guess I'll let him sleep while the water is running."

About 30 minutes later, the bath is finally full, so you decide to wake your fiance up. You gently shake him, trying your best to wake him up in a nice way. When his eyes flutter open, you press a gentle kiss against his lips, pulling back a second later.

He watches you, feeling flustered, his cheeks a light pink tint, "W-what was that for...?"

"I thought it would help you wake up," You reply with a loving smile on your face. You stand up, taking his hand and pulling him up from the couch, "The bath is ready for you, my dear." You lead him to the bathroom, and gesture towards the bathtub.

"You didn't have to do all this for me, babe," He says as his gaze moves from the bathtub towards you, "But thank you," He presses a kiss against your temple, "You're the best."

"Now, just relax. I'm going to order some food for when you finish," You walk towards the door, about to leave the room, but Leorio stops you by clutching your hand in his.

With a smirk on his face and red cheeks, he says, "You could join me if you want."

You let out a soft chuckle and shake your head at his offer, "It's a tempting offer, but we both know you wouldn't get much relaxing done if that were the case. Besides, I need to order food for us."

He lets out a defeated sigh, before offering you a small smile, "It was worth a shot. Thanks, babe. Anything you order will be okay with me!"

"Don't worry, I already have something in mind," You leave the room, closing the door behind you. 

Leorio undresses and climbs into the tub, letting the hot water embrace him. He lets out a relieved sigh, his muscles already loosening up. Sinking lower into the water, he thinks to himself, '(Y/N) must really care about me.'

While he's bathing, you call his favorite pizza place and put in an order for his pizza of choice and some garlic bread. Unfortunately, his pizza of choice is utterly disgusting, so you order a separate pizza for yourself. 

Thankfully, the pizza arrives just as Leorio is getting out of the bath and getting dressed. You set up some plates and drinks on the coffee table and open up Flixnet on the tv. As soon as he steps into the living room, you usher him towards the couch, showing him his favorite food.

"(Y/N)..." He turns away from the pizza to look at you with a huge grin plastered onto his face, "This is perfect! Thank you so much!"

"You don't need to thank me, Leorio. I just want to make your day better," You sit down on the couch, gesturing for him to sit down beside you, which he does. "I hope this helps, even if it's just a little bit." You look away from him as you feel your cheeks heating up, "You do so much for me, so I wanted to return the favor."

Leorio watches you with a lovestruck look on his face, feeling so lucky to have you. When he speaks, his voice is soft, "Just seeing you and hearing your voice makes my day better! In fact, just thinking about you makes everything better. I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world."

"You really think so?"

"I know so! I couldn't be happier, babe!" He wraps his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him, "You're so good to me. I have no idea how I got so lucky, but I'll never complain."

"You always know just what to say," You lean your head against his chest, and he pulls you into a tight embrace, "I love you."

He presses a kiss against your hair, lovingly, "I love you more, (Y/N), and I always will! That's why I'm so excited to marry you."

"I'm excited, too," You reply with closed eyes and a content smile on your face. Your eyes pop back open when you realize the pizza is still sitting out on the coffee table, "Let's eat while the food is still hot!"

"Good idea!"

You free yourself from his embrace, and hand him his plate full of pizza, "And yes, there's ice cream in the fridge for later."

He takes the plate from you, a look of complete joy present on his face, "Chocolate?"

You let out a soft chuckle at his excitement, and nod in confirmation, "Of course," You grab the remote from the TV, and turn on the movie you had picked out, "I figured we could watch one of those cheesy holiday movies you like so much."

"You really are perfect! You've made my day, no, my life so perfect!" Leorio exclaims while watching you in awe.

"It's what you deserve, my love," You grab your plate of pizza, and lean back against the couch, "Now let's watch the movie."

You and Leorio enjoy your night together, eating your dinner and watching your movie together. You both chat occasionally about it. You keep picking out the plot holes and complaining about how cheesy it is, while Leorio says that's part of the charm. After you both finish eating, you enjoy your ice cream together, feeling content with your lives together.

So, I really want to do a one-shot where Leorio and you are basically in a meet-cute Christmas rom-com. It will be extremely cheesy but I think it would be really cute! Would anyone be interested? -Ali