Part 12 - Bad Decisions

-
Snow
-

"Bye Diaz!" I yell as Megan walks him out

"Bye Diaz!" I yell as Megan walks him out. I'm fixing Abel's plate of rice, applesauce, and toast when he comes storming down the stairs looking mad like I did something.

"When we're you going to tell me you had a miscarriage, Snow?" Abel holds up my doctors not and slides it across the counter to me.

I'm speechless, and I've never been speechless before. I don't know how to tell him this, mainly because I didn't know I was pregnant until a day before I had the miscarriage. I didn't tell him because we weren't talking and I didn't want that to be a conversation starter, I mean eventually I was gonna tell him, I was just scared.

Abel sits in the barstool and just rest his cheek in his knuckles, looking me dead in my eyes.

"It wasn't mine? Is that why you didn't tell me?"

I snack my lips and twist my face at him. "Oh my gosh, Abel, are you of all people going to accuse me of that."

"Well what other reason would you have!" He yells slamming his fist on the counter top, causing me to jump.

"I didn't know!" I yell back. "I didn't know. I found out I was pregnant right before I had the miscarriage, I was waiting to tell you I was pregnant then I had the miscarriage, I didn't know what to do. Part of me felt like it was no point cause there was no baby, the other part wanted you to know. And, it's my fault that I waited to long."

"Britney," Abel rubs his eyebrows with his eyes closed. "This was last week. When I saw you at the club-"

"It was a few days after. I showed up to support my brother in law and I wasn't drinking because of my medicine." I fold my arms across my abdomen and bite the side of my lip to keep from crying. I cross my ankles, leaning on the counter behind me, shaking my leg staring at Abel feeling heavy tears brim my eyes.

What feels like hours before Abel gets up, causing me to flinch, he grabs his keys out of his pocket. I can see that he let a tear drop already when he looks at me by the time he gets to the door.

"You should've told me." He points at me before he walks out the door and all the anger, sadness, and loss just boils out of me as I throw the plate of food across the kitchen.

-
Andi
-

"Oh my gosh, you look so good!" TJ smiles when I walk up to the table in the restaurant, everyone seeing my glow that matches my outfit.