Part 11 - Filler

-
Abel - Present Day
-

I wake up to my stomach feeling all twisted up, my head feels like dull needles slowly pierceing into my brain. The room that I'm in smells vomit and Chanel perfume. I already know I'm in Snow's bedroom, if the sweet smell wasn't enough then the color and decor is.

I got hammered last night, I don't even know what happened but I felt like I was about to confront some dark demons that I couldn't handle, so I called an Uber so I could come over here

I got hammered last night, I don't even know what happened but I felt like I was about to confront some dark demons that I couldn't handle, so I called an Uber so I could come over here. I don't even remember getting inside the Uber or making it over here, I was just in a panic and had to get out of my house. All of that and I still didn't give myself the courage to snort a line or pop a pill, I wanted to but by that time the alcohol made me feel like I was dragging concrete blocks on my feet every time I walked.

It's silent here other than some soft purring in my ear and soft white ball of fur rubbing against my face. "Aw, that means she likes you!" Snow voice comes traveling into the room. I turn around to look at her taking her watch off all dressed up like she's about to go somewhere.

Snow throws her purse and a Walmart bag on the bed and walks over to my side of the bed to pick up the cat

"And when did you get a cat?" I ask slowly rolling over on my back, trying to not make myself anymore nauseous than I already am.

"Um, a couple of weeks ago. Alana was an impulse buy, but I didn't know I needed her until I brought her home." Snow scratches Alana's head and puts her down to reach over for the Walmart bag.

"And where are you coming from?" I ask as she digs through the bag.

"Meg's boyfriend took us both out before he has to leave for a home game." Snow takes out a small pack of applesauce and plops it down next to me. "Eat up 'cause I know you have a hangover. I'll get you a spoon and some melatonin. It'll help you sleep off your hangover better."

"Wait, who is Meg dating?" I ask as Snow gets up and walks towards the door.

"Some basketball player, he's still downstairs if you wanna meet him, he's actually really nice and funny." She smiles at me, her lip gloss shining in the sunlight.

"No thank you, just give me the spoon and melatonin." I scratch my head reaching for the applesauce.

"Please and thank you." Snow rolls her eyes before leaving the room, her cat, Alana, following her.

I get out of bed and stand up a little too quickly cause my head starts pounding. It was almost so painful that I had to close my eyes just so I could get used to the pain. I walk to the dresser and open the designated drawer she gave me and I was actually surprised that my clothes are still here. I grabbed some fresh clothes so I can change when I take a shower. Before I can even get in the bathroom my phone dings twice on Snow's vanity and it's Diaz, I don't respond cause I know exactly what it is he wants to talk to about and I just need a break from all of that. I toss my phone on the bed and head to the shower to wash last night off of me.

It honestly felt like a relief, like all the stress these past few weeks just washed off my body with the hot water. After I got out the shower and changed, I could smell rice in the air. That's Snow's go to for whenever I'm hungover: rice, applesauce, and toast. The melatonin is to put you to sleep so your body can recuperate easier. I yawn and stretch and throw my hands in my pocket as I walk to the sink to brush my teeth, I catch a glimpse of a piece of paper on top of the toilet tank. I know I shouldn't go through her stuff... but I could care less, if it's just business or bills it shouldn't matter.

But it isn't just bills, the paper is more of a doctors note. "I, confirm that Britney Alegra Snow suffered from a physical injury that placed her in danger of death of the fetus were carried to term."

My stomach drops and it feels like the whole world had just stopped turning and cracked around me as I kept reading.

"I further certify that the following procedures were medically necessary to induce a miscarriage."

I feel the anger rise in side of me and before I know it I'm storming through the house looking for her and calling her name. I head downstairs to the balcony, I know she spends a lot of time out there when she is home. I walk down the hall that leads to the balcony and I freeze in my spot when I hear a familiar laugh I've heard at too many family gatherings, I walk just a little bit closer to see Diaz sitting there on the balcony with a drink in his hand, laughing.

Ain't no way Meg is smashing Diaz.