Part 15 - What Am I to Do (edited)

-
Andi
-

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning feeling good at least once for a second before I remembered last night

All I ever feel is loneliness, sadness, and regret. Sleeping with Abel wasn't that it was something that helped me feel in the moment, some people don't understand that feeling of going from feeling human one minute and going on auto pilot the next in such a fleeting time. Being with Abel feels... good. Yes, it feels good. He's a breath of fresh air for me because he's finally going back to the Abel I met the first time, and I've waited and fought with him for so long to get here.

I yawn and walk to the bathroom flipping on the bright white light, closing my eyes at the brightness bouncing off my very white and black bathroom. I walk over to the sink and stretch before starting my morning hygiene routine and getting in the shower. Once I was out of the shower, I wrap my black silk robe around myself.

I'm excited to go back home but now I'm not so sure if I want to move back to LA full time. I've gotten so used to being in Houston with my parents just 15 minutes away, the traffic is way better than LA's, the price of gas is two dollars instead of five, and I feel more comfortable there overall. I can always figure out how to maintain business there, the thing is can I convince Abel to move there full time? He loves Houston too, no doubt, but I'm not sure if he'll do it full time.

"What you thinking about, Andi?" Abel says suddenly pulling me out of my thoughts. "You been laying your edges in the same place with that blank look on your face."

I watch him as he squeezes the white and blue Crest toothpaste on his toothbrush. "Nothing, just thinking about moving back to Cali."

"Oh, yeah. Don't wanna come back?" He says before starting to brush his teeth.

"Eh, I don't know, all of our friends are here but I feel more rooted in Houston." I walk over to my closet and grab a coat since it's getting cooler outside, I throw Abel's t shirts over my head and slip on some underwear.

"So don't." Abel says turning on the shower. "You don't have to move back to LA for work, you've managed business for this long."

"But what about you?" I slip on grey sweats adjusting the part at the ankle. "Do you mind living in Houston full time?"

"Pshh, hell no, I like Houston a lot. Don't mind moving down there full time. But it's also an important thing so just think about it a little more about it."

"Well, don't be too long, I need to drop you off at the airport and I have a flight to catch later."

-

I smile as Kehlani's eyes get wide as she sees me walk into the living room of my brother, Aaron's, Houston home. "Look at who it is!" Stephanie smiles adjusting Kehlani's shirt as she hands her over to me.